Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yes, avoid banging your head on anything...

Just realize it will be a pain-in-the-arse before you even start and you wont get so frustrated.

Toyota put's everything together nicely like a puzzle, so that it runs well for a long time. And after you take everything apart the first time and it takes forever and it's a PITA, then the very next time you do the same job you will know all the wrong things to avoid and it will take you half the time...

Have fun and realize how nice it will be when you're all done.

M

·
0 Posts
Get a can of PB Blaster from your local Autozone, you'll also need a lot of patience.

Good luck

Melvin

·
boost is good
772 Posts
i pulled the stock twins off in about 5 hrs. i didnt remove the exhaust bypass valve though, i just left it on. i got really lucky with the manifold nut that sits right about the valve though, i could get just enough room to get leverage break it loose in. just like someone else said though, just think of how awsome it is when they are finally off

·
Registered
34 Posts
I removed mine about two weeks ago, haven't had time to install the new ones unfortunately, but I will very soon. A lot of this stuff is still fresh in my mind so if you need any help don't bother to email me at [email protected]

You will have to come up with very tricky ways to obtain the leverage needed to get some of these bolts off.

To get one of my bolts off, I used a wrench, coat hanger wire, and a dowle(sp?) rod. Just to let you know how tricky some can get. ;)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got the factory turbos off. I took off the manifold with the turbos on them. Not as bad as I thought it would be. I did not even rounded out any bolts.:) Now comes the T78 install + the fuel system. Not a bad way to spend the Memorial weekend. Thanks for all the tips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts