Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

What tool did you use to pull the pilot bearing.. mine seems pretty wedged in there... it wont come out...

Also what did you use to take off the harmoic balance timing belt thing.. I need to change the fornt main.

Thanks,

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
A piliot bearing puller, and a normal style puller for the crank pully.

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
ZaZZn said:
Hey guys,

What tool did you use to pull the pilot bearing.. mine seems pretty wedged in there... it wont come out...

Also what did you use to take off the harmoic balance timing belt thing.. I need to change the fornt main.

Thanks,
The pilot bearing, if you dont have a tool for it, feel it up with grease, then find a center punch that fits it snug and hammer nice and firm and the grease will push out hte pilot bearing and as for the front go get a harmonic balance pully puller, threads in 2 bolts and tighten the center bolt and it will come out :) aight peace :run:

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
O'reilly has a perfect harmonic balancer puller for 15 bucks....buy it....comes in awefully handy when you have to do the front main again because it didn't seal the first time (such as in my case). HERE IS A TIMING BELT TIP: instead of completely removing the grenade pin tensioner mechanism, just loosen the bolts just enough to relieve tension to slide the belt off. Once you pull the pin, you have to go through the PITA to get enough force to push the thing back in to get the pin in again...not worth it.

Trev

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
so did I the first time I installed the new seal when the motor was still out of the car....then I F'd up on the install (didn't get it in all the way, forgot the all-purpose grease too).

BTW...I love the title of this thread....the HOMONIC balancer....it is a little homo, i must admit :)

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
ZaZZn said:
I think i already made that mistake trev :(
Just use a bench vise to push it back man and use a cotter pin to hold it down, thats what we do... isn't really that big of a deal... aight peace :run:

·
Registered
416 Posts
supraturbo1987 said:
O'reilly has a perfect harmonic balancer puller for 15 bucks....buy it....comes in awefully handy when you have to do the front main again because it didn't seal the first time (such as in my case). HERE IS A TIMING BELT TIP: instead of completely removing the grenade pin tensioner mechanism, just loosen the bolts just enough to relieve tension to slide the belt off. Once you pull the pin, you have to go through the PITA to get enough force to push the thing back in to get the pin in again...not worth it.

Trev
Using this method can lead to the tensioner applying too much tension on the belt. I have always just used a C clamp and a small drill bit, its really easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts