Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shaq who?
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm removing my Auto Tranny from my 1jz to mate up the R154. What is the best way to take off the torque converter? Big Flathead? Bar? Anyone?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
there are 6 bolts that hold the torque converter to the flex plate. moving the flywheel is very easy, just put a ratchet on the crank pulley bolt and turn it after you've loosened a bolt.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
And in case you havent noticed.. there is a big rubber cap on the underside of the bulkhead that the tranny mounts to. Remove it and you have access to the flexplate/converter bolts.

·
Shaq who?
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Matt, I didn't even see that! Well I got off the TC but how do I remove the flywheel? I will do a search now and probably find the answer but someone feel free to answer me.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
just unbolt the 8 14mm bolts that hold it onto the crankshaft. you do have the transmission removed already, right?

·
Shaq who?
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The flywheel turns when I try to crank it and I tried putting a prybar in the holes to keep it fromm moving but that didn't work

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Get a buddy to back up the crank with a 22mm on the crank pulley up front. If you don't have a buddy, get a breaker bar long enough to brace it against the frame rail so it will hit it when you turn on the flywheel bolts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts