Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory manual, but does anyone have any tips, tricks or pics on removing the trac system? Do the lines that need to be bent (like mkiv.com says) be bent by hand? I don't want to get in and then figure out I'm stuck or unable to finish.

Any tips would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
1,961 Posts
What about if you junk the abs at the same time?

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
I have a TB with the trac removed if someone wants. $50shipped. Just thought I would throw it up here. Its also tapped on the side for meth/nos.
I will take it.

PM me your paypal info.

Bob

·
got twins?
421 Posts
Just got the trac out. 2 questions...first, mine only weighs about 11 lbs - not the 22 lbs I thought it was.

Second, I haven't bled the brakes yet but just turning it on now I have the ABS light on (not flashing, just on). I plugged the opposite side where the brake line came from. So, what do I look for or do now? Thanks.....

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Just got the trac out. 2 questions...first, mine only weighs about 11 lbs - not the 22 lbs I thought it was.

Second, I haven't bled the brakes yet but just turning it on now I have the ABS light on (not flashing, just on). I plugged the opposite side where the brake line came from. So, what do I look for or do now? Thanks.....
Not sure about the weight, I didn't weigh mine but it did seem like more than 11 lbs.

For the ABS light make sure have have the two resistors inserted correctly and that they are making good contact.

Every once in a while (like 1 in 50) when I start the car the ABS light comes on for me, but if I just turn it off and restart it, the light will go out. Not sure why that is, but it never did that before the TRAC system was removed.

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
Resistors were the culprit - ABS light gone now. Thanks Josh.

Details? I have the resistors in,(yes, correctly) but I get the ABS light still. It might be a sensor?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
does removing the trac system disable the ABS? What is the difference between the trac system and ABS?

·
got twins?
421 Posts
I had the resistors in already and the ABS light was on. After Josh's reply, I went out and pulled the resistors out, used a new one just in case I had a bad one, bad connection, etc....and made sure they were in there good and even....started the car and no light.

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts
May want to read the ABS code. I get an occasional ABS light on if I turn key on (but don't start the engine) and wait a bit. Turning it off, and restarting the car again quickly, light shuts off. Been getting a Driver-Front sensor malfunction.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
does removing the trac system disable the ABS? What is the difference between the trac system and ABS?
removing trac does not alter ABS.

ABS prevents the brakes from locking up and the Supra's 4 channel ABS works very well. Trac attempts to minimize tire spin ...though imo it sucks at doing a good job and serves no useful function.

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
I'll be pulling my TRAC stuff within the next couple of weeks. Do you guys do anything with the TRAC computer (under the radio) like just disconnect it or if you leave it connected, does that throw any codes???

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
I pulled out my trac kimpewter when I installed Racelogic and never had a problem or threw a code.

·
ur moms favourite
1,405 Posts
the trac computer is the one next to the stock ecu, the one under the radio is the abs computer im pretty sure - dont pull this one :)

I removed my trac ecu when i pulled all the trac shit outa the throttle body, think it caused some kinda "TRAC" light to come up on the dash - just pulled the bulb. It also throws a soft error (47 i think?) - doesnt affect how the car runs at all though so nothing to worry about.

Gene

·
Custom LED Tail Lights
3,315 Posts
yeah yank that puppy out .. you should be fine .. i forget what mine looks like .. i remember when braddman was asking questions about removing the trac unit a while back and there was a really good thread that was put together and had a ton of great info on this before he did his sticky.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts