Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just about to wax my car when I noticed small white specks on the hood, I am assuming that this is road paint. Could anyone suggest a way to get this off? I already tried claying it. BTW, the supra is renaissance red.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised the clay didn't help. Did it work at all??? Maybe you need try the clay again.........or did you already give it a good chance to work?

Are the specks thick? That would be one reason the clay didn't get it off easily. Hmmmm............

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
clay had to work...if not then they must be rock chips...look at them closely

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
93BlueTurbo said:
clay had to work...if not then they must be rock chips...look at them closely

Well, I've seen clay have a hard time removing certain specks that are really stuck on.
What I'm thinking is maybe this guy has had these specks on the paint for a while......or in the sun??? I would say that would make things more difficult.
If the specks aren't thick and/or baked on by the sun, then I'd say clay should eventually get them off. Hmmmm.........dunno fer sure without seeing it :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have clayed it many times and it did remove a majority of the "specks". I'm sure they are not rock chips, because they are raised and not sunken, nevertheless thank you for the suggestion . I am also sure that they are 2 days old at most. I just took it out of storage for a spin and noticed them while I was preparing to wax it. I always give it a good look over before I put it in storage.

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
I have used Meguiars DACP and Swirl Mark Remover 2.0 to remove white plastic residue from a green Durango.. white civic brushed against rear fender where it drops down to the bumper. Try it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts