Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey was that anyone on heres Ren. Red. MKIV sitting at Cicis pizza in stafford (Outside of Quantico Base) today arround lunch?
Looked to be a 6spd with chrome stockers and very clean.

Looked very nice and clean. Anyone else work arround the Quantico Base or Stafford Area?

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
roliks: It might be jspecb18c's car, he has a 98 TT 6MT w/ ~35K on the clock and is in Stafford. He used to arrange the Mid-Atlantic Mega Meets until they got shut down. You can see his car here. Whiteblazze is down there too, but his is not stock body/wheels. Maybe they can chime in here...
Chris

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Deff not me

·
MKI"V" for Vendetta
803 Posts
roliks: It might be jspecb18c's car, he has a 98 TT 6MT w/ ~35K on the clock and is in Stafford. He used to arrange the Mid-Atlantic Mega Meets until they got shut down. You can see his car here. Whiteblazze is down there too, but his is not stock body/wheels. Maybe they can chime in here...
Chris
It's gotta be Ryan (jspecb18c). That description fits the bill to a T.

Chris, what going on with the car?

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
Court: Definitely sounded like Ryan's car off the bat, but you never know ;)

I sat down with Mike at DTM Motorsports yesterday and scheduled the alcohol kit installation and AEM tune for May 23rd. So I will have some feedback at that point, but he seemed to be on the ball as we went over everything on the car. He said I should be able to boost to 30 PSI with this setup and his tune. I went over all the issues in the recent blown 3.4L motor thread with his as well. He definitely thought it was the timing and with my car he would be doing a full tune with base knock noise runs, starting with no timing, and ending with a conservative tune to extract good power while letting the motor live. But we'll see :) I'll let you know how things go.

You going to de-wing the car soon or no? I recently found an aspect of the TRD wing I do like: it makes for a good place to put my beer while I am working on the car...with a coaster of course!
Chris

·
MKI"V" for Vendetta
803 Posts
Hey Chris,

I'll probably end up going with the TRD wing myself. I might do the complete fiberglass version though, not sure about the CF center with red. I've got the car out today. Meeting with Bradssupra over in Alexandria for a little work. I may have DTM, P-Tuning or a dealership over in Alexandria do my alignment. Can't wait to see the finished modifications on your car. Sounds like its going to be a screamer.

BTW, I'm getting a little irritated with all the modified civics, integra's and srt4's instigating all the time on Rte 7 and 28. It's gotten to the point were a man can't just cruise in his car without being harrassed :)

PS, don't forget to pull that beer off the wing before you take off :lol:

·
Banned
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shoot whish I would have stopped and talked to him.. You guys describe him as a prety outstanding member.

Hey would anyone be able to maybe do a ride along with me some time. I think i may be having a boostleak, or fuel problem. Kinda wanted to get someone elses opinion that knows and drives supras to ride along in the passanger seat and see what they think. (BTW my car is no supermodel.. but soon). She is breaking up under boost and just is acting weird and doesnt like me to go above 1/4-1/2 throttle. Since she was down for so long I lost the feel of things and how supra's react.

·
Mid Atlantic MEGA MEET
530 Posts
Hey roliks,

That was my Supra that you saw parked by Cicis Pizza off 610 here in Stafford. Gotta love some all-you-can-eat pizza and salad for lunch :) I live in the area and it is good to see other Supra owners down here too. My Supra is stock at the moment and I am still trying to learn everything I can about the car so would not be of help much with investigating your boost issue. Maybe I will see you around the area and take care.

-Ryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts