Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ass, gas or grass
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving by Avis and there was a black 2011 5.0 out front. I called them and it was available for $80 for a day so I figured why not. It was also test and tune day at the track and me and a friend almost went but ran out of time. Maybe next time.

The car is an automatic but it still pulls pretty damn hard. Low end is a little softer than my 93 but once it hits about 4k it pulls hard to 7k. I'm afraid it might be faster than my 93.... The car rides nice and I interior is pretty sweet for a mustang. I'm still not totally thrilled with the looks but the car is still tempting.

Anyways here's a few quick pics I snapped to compare with mine.

·
2JZ S13
2,220 Posts
cool, i'd really like a new 5.0. Your notch looks GREAT btw. any more pics/info on that?

·
ass, gas or grass
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, i'd really like a new 5.0. Your notch looks GREAT btw. any more pics/info on that?
thanks. here's a few threads on it.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...und-myself-a-notchback-5.0.-(PICS)&highlight=
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...leaned-her-up-so-I-took-some-pics.&highlight=
bad ass notch bro..check us out at hpmustangs.com i have the same screen name
thanks.

this new 5.0 is a rocket. I am noticing a creeking sound coming from the front end though. like the a arm bushings or something.

·
Registered
14 Posts
FYI. Avis, and other rental companies put 87/89 octane in the car when filling them up. If you put premium in a 201+ Mustang GT you can get 20-30 more hp as the computer recognizes the higher grade gas and will compensate.

·
ass, gas or grass
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
ass, gas or grass
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What's done to the 93?

Ported 1.90/1.60 GT40 iron heads,1.7 Crane RRs & Cobra intake. K&N panel, C&L 76mm MAF, FMS 65mm TB & Walbro 155lph fuel pump. BBK long tube headers/H pipe/Flows. Alum. rad, Police fan clutch, underdrives w/Cobra wp pulley. Bilstein shocks & springs. Energy Suspension poly motor/trans mounts. FRPP A-arms, Prothane poly endlinks, rack & swaybar bushings. MM caster/camber plates & MM bumpsteer. 3.73s, King Cobra clutch, Tri-Ax & alum DS. MM SFCs, MM rear LCAs & FRPP uppers.

It should run 12.7ish.

·
Inline for the win
4,779 Posts
2011's are much different than all of the previous generations (2 fox; 2 SN95s) that I have owned. Luckily, I get to drive our test car (2011 6spd blk/blk leather etc) for company related obligations (supplier/customer visits) and hopefully out at the local proving grounds as we have a membership to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.