Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Repainted my dash pieces once again (w/pics)

As many of you might recall I've painted my dash pieces several times trying to get a color I'm happy with. The last color I had was the worst as it was a light silver and looked terrible but with my other vehicles and projects going on and the weather I didn't have time to get to it and repaint. There were also many flaws the last time that I was able to sand out and make right this time around. I was pretty embarrassed when people would check out my car before because it looked like poo. Here's what they looked like the last time:

This time I used a color that is much darker and I'm quite happy w/how it turned out. The pics don't do the color justice and it looks like a black chrome. I also 86'd my EL gauges and returned the gauge faces to stock. It's much more subtle than the crappy silver and I like it with the black gauges. As you can see from the first picture the opening below the deck is where my boost controller was mounted. I put that in my Typhoon as I haven't yet gone NA-T and will put another one in it's place once I do. Let me know what you think.

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Wow, excellent job.

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
that looks almost like quicksilver. Looks good Imma use quicksilver. I tried it on a test panel, and it looks almost like new toyota ones. I like how it looks without clear much better also. You clear yours?

Alex

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ren said:
Do you still have your other guages..
Sure do and will probably put them up for sale once I decide if I'm gonna sell all my Autometer gauges too to get the ones that match the OEM black gauges.

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Alx2785 said:
that looks almost like quicksilver. Looks good Imma use quicksilver. I tried it on a test panel, and it looks almost like new toyota ones.

Alex
I like the contrast from outside to inside and don't think I would like the outside and inside both Quicksilver but that's just me.

Alx2785 said:
I like how it looks without clear much better also. You clear yours?
I did not clear it.

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
far1002 said:
what kind of paint did you use and what color.
Sorry, I meant to post that and forgot. It's Dupli-Color Truck, Van & SUV and I got it in the automotive section at Wal-Mart. It's 'T414 Storm Gray' and is in a large blue/white can. I had some other colors I tried too but liked this one the best.

·
bimmer girl
1,796 Posts
jeremyhelling said:
Sure do and will probably put them up for sale once I decide if I'm gonna sell all my Autometer gauges too to get the ones that match the OEM black gauges.
Well if you do sell them could I call dibs? lol..Whoever installed mine didnt do a good job and my guages would only light up when they felt like it. I had my stereo place look at them, and was told that it was the wiring, but it was so screwed up it could not be fixed, so now at night I ride around with ONLY the needles illuminated which I must say is a huge PITA.

Edit: btw how rude of me.. the dash looks amazing

·
Hardtop >
1,139 Posts
That looks awesome dude!! If i were to paint my dash that is exactly the color i would paint it. Great job dude!! Looks like an oem color that comes on some of the new toyota vehicles.

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ren said:
Well if you do sell them could I call dibs? lol..Whoever installed mine didnt do a good job and my guages would only light up when they felt like it. I had my stereo place look at them, and was told that it was the wiring, but it was so screwed up it could not be fixed, so now at night I ride around with ONLY the needles illuminated which I must say is a huge PITA.
I'll let you know.

Ren said:
Edit: btw how rude of me.. the dash looks amazing
Thanks!

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Por2geezSupra said:
That looks awesome dude!! If i were to paint my dash that is exactly the color i would paint it. Great job dude!! Looks like an oem color that comes on some of the new toyota vehicles.
Thanks man. That's kind of why I did it because I was originally trying to mimic the 98 style and decided if I was gonna put all this effort into it I wanted something that was different but not jump out of the car and kick you in the nutz different. I was going for a more subtle look and something that could be stock.

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
hey what kind of paint did u use and what color is that? it sorta looks silver or white.
i been wanting to re do mines too. Still debating if i wanna order the 97-98 one or just repaint mines. Thanks!

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Suprachik8 said:
hey what kind of paint did u use and what color is that? it sorta looks silver or white.
i been wanting to re do mines too. Still debating if i wanna order the 97-98 one or just repaint mines. Thanks!
Post #9:
jeremyhelling said:
Sorry, I meant to post that and forgot. It's Dupli-Color Truck, Van & SUV and I got it in the automotive section at Wal-Mart. It's 'T414 Storm Gray' and is in a large blue/white can. I had some other colors I tried too but liked this one the best.

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
jeremyhelling said:
oh shit, sorry!!! doh! :urowned:
I have a bad habit of not reading everything. Sorry, i just scanned thru the thread! Well great job buddy!!! I just need to learn how to pull the dash out...
thanks again! :)

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Suprachik8 said:
oh shit, sorry!!! doh! :urowned:
I have a bad habit of not reading everything. Sorry, i just scanned thru the thread! Well great job buddy!!! I just need to learn how to pull the dash out...
thanks again! :)
No problem. The first time will take you a while but I'm to the point where I can do it in about 3min now.

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
IGGYWOOWOO said:
Nice job! that looks like way I did mine a few years back:
Nice. Now I just gotta order up my blue LED bulbs and do the HVAC w/blue LEDs.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts