Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just wondering how reliable the glass headlights were after you repaint them to 97-98 color (ie do they usually have leaking problems after you reseal them, etc?)

Also, if anyone could point me in the right direction in terms of finding someone whos reliable to do it.

Thanks

Alex

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
avasilev said:
Hey guys,

Just wondering how reliable the glass headlights were after you repaint them to 97-98 color (ie do they usually have leaking problems after you reseal them, etc?)

Also, if anyone could point me in the right direction in terms of finding someone whos reliable to do it.

Thanks

Alex
Yes, you will need to reseal them correctly or you WILL get water inside..
I had to redo mine.... until I got it right

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Any tips on how to do it right because I have a 'shaky light' on the driver side and was told I need to take it apart to secure the inner housing to the outter housing.

·
Banned
624 Posts
I wouldnt pull them apart unless I had too.
The resealing is not as neat and clean as the stock seals.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
jeremyhelling said:
Any tips on how to do it right because I have a 'shaky light' on the driver side and was told I need to take it apart to secure the inner housing to the outter housing.
Heat the seams real good but, becareful not to deform it. When you are ready to put it back together again Heat the Factory ruberized glue real good you may even want to add a little black silicone... Then apply pressure to put it back together...

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
Mr. Supra 2 what bumper or front lip do you have there on your supra? Did you mold a lip onto the stock bumper? it looks nice and clean.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts