Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too much fine dust getting past the HKS super mega flow

Can you double them up or does another/better filter fit on the mega flow intake pipe??
The intake pipe goes to my single so I'm hoping not to have to replace pipe too

·
Last stock TT on Earth
625 Posts
HKS mega flow is known to suck ass at filtering. Change the intake if you want less PM. See link for test results via mkiv.com...

Filter test

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
HKS SMF is shit. Everything passes thru it, and the stock twins get ruinied by the debris....

I went back to the stock paper element, it works the best for stock twins. A little HP isn't worth it for that POS SMF. Single now, so I am going with a K&N conical with oil.... don't like it, but WTF.....

·
Noise ≠ Power...
638 Posts
Yeah, seriously. I have the HKS piece and I can't wait to change it out (or put it on my celica). I'd go with either the Blitz SUS or even better, the APEX'I Power Flow intake. If nothing else, swap out to a K&N in the meantime!

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
Most of the HKS SMF finters leak past the basket and base. I was able to install some 1/4" thick black foam there and the dirt doesn't get past it anyomre. I'd recommend that to anyone. The HKS still out flows the K&N filter. I just hate dealing with the K&N oils. The HKS seems very simple to me.

-Joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts