Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright supra429 tried to replace his distributor o ring. He didnt mark the distributor timing correctly so he has to restart the crank pully at TDC.

He cranks the pully to 0 degrees

He aligns the protrusions on the interior shaft and turns counter clockwise to anticipate for the clockwise turning upon install. does not start

He aligns protrusions on interior shaft and leave it so the rotor will point to high tension cord on distributor cap #1.

Supra 429 is confused. He just wants to start his car and has heard the two different ideas. Am i supossed to allign protrusion with TDC or am i Supposed to allign the rotor with the #1 cord on the distributor cap.

Car turns and turns but not spark.

Supra 429 would appreciate any help as otherwise he will keep trying until having to pay a mechanic to tow it :(

· Registered
670 Posts
Put the piston #1 at TDC on compression stroke, the timing mark should be at 0 degree and align the marks on the distributor gear and the shaft housing and just drop it in. the rotor should pointing at the #1 distributor tower. good luck.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
supra 429 just smoked too much. and forgot to plug in distributor cable that goes next to MAF. Supra 429 is a stupid Bitc#$ and knows this is halarious but is on vacation and must kill time somehow hahaha.

thanks for quick replies i got it and ima get a pro to get it on perfect timing soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.