Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the battery in my 97 Supra with an Odyssey PC680. I have had the battery in for about 4 days (including a weekend on the roadcourse) and everything seems to be working fine. The stock battery weighed 37 pounds (less than most people have quoted). The Odyssey weighed 15 pounds. This allowed me to remove 22 pounds off the nose of the car. This and my SP63 kit have helped me remove about 67 pounds off the front of my Supra.

Later, Steve

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Steve,
That is awesome. Just a few questions....First..how much $$ we talking? And 2nd where did you purchase it? And 3rd what is the CCA on it? Every little bit off teh nose of the car helps.

TIA
Tony

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tony,

The battery was $99. I ordered it from www.batteryweb.com. The CA for 5 seconds is 680. The CCA is 280. It had me a little worried, but it works fine. I had no problems this weekend. I was staying at a hotel so the car was left outside overnight. The temperatures dropped into the high 20's. It cranked without any problems.

Later, Steve

·
Blue 03 cobra I wish :)
251 Posts
do u have any picture of the battery installed on your car
:)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hmm, didn't know they could be had so cheap.

I got this one:
http://www.geocities.com/lutransys/jlucius6/j6-2-dynabatt.htm

Works fine so far. I did some research and found that Mustang and 3Si owners use these w/o problems. I mounted mine laying down and was able to cut a good amount of the batter box off, so I can remove the lower IC pipes and radiator w/o having to remove the batter now.

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully I will have some pictures shortly. Dimensionally it's almost identical to Grant's. Mine has a red top though. I haven't built a nice mount yet, but it's installed.

Later, Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts