Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced mine on my upper intercooler pipe tonight. I had a huge tear in the one I made out of the stock pipe. It was a damn tight fit.. I have a hard pipe installed with my HKS SSbov on it. I need to slide the upper one about another inch..How do I do this? I did get the clamps on it but just barely. It is on the very edge of the coupler. I tried but there has to be a way to make them slide?????HELP

TIA

Jeff

·
Registered
183 Posts
are you talking about the coupler on the right side of this pic?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
J-Z91 said:
are you talking about the coupler on the right side of this pic?
YES.... that is exactly it. It is the upper side that I need to slide some.

·
Registered
183 Posts
are you using the greddy piping and greddy couplers??? wonder if you can get more play by adjusting pipes 2 or 3 also (inside the fender).

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got my ouplers through Dusty but they are not Greddy, I have one of them that came with my hardpipe and its much thinner and flexable than what I now have. I wanted black instead of something colorful and these are fairley thick. I did get them on. The lower one I had no problems with. Yes If I new how to play or even get to the lower pipes this would have been no problem. I had to slide that right one in the pic almost all the way onto the hardpipe itself to get the pipe into place and I cannot slide it back up any now?????

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
somebody has to know how to slide this coupler now that I have it on and it wont seem to budge. Tomorrow will be the first time to drive it since I installed the coupler. I am curious to see if I got enough of it on to hold for any length of time.

Jeff

·
Registered
183 Posts
spraying WD-40 on the inside of the couplers allows you to move the piping easier. sliding the piping should allow you enough room to get the coupler attached good.

·
Registered
66 Posts
you could try using wd40, or, you could try heating them up with either a blow dryer or by immersing them in arm water, so that they stretch easier...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
someone on another forum mentioned useing brake cleaner...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I tried it again after driving for a while and heating everything up. I did get it to move about 1/4 inch. It seems to be holding fine now. I will probably take it back and hook back up to the bong and see if it is leaking anywhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts