Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. here's my question. i have two turbo assemblies; both with broken 2nd turboes. However, are the first turbo and the second turbo the same? Well, what i really wanna know is can i replace the second turbo with the first turbo and have everything work well?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Yes you can, the after part of the turbo assembly can rotate and will mirror image. I am not certain how to do it. I had my turbos reconditiond and spoke with the repair man via telephone and this issue came up and he told me it could be done.

·
SupraForums Member
434 Posts
I swapped out my two turbos. And i beleive you can swap them wiht no problem. The cartridge is the same but not the exhaust housing, i dont recall? But anyways what I did to save time was to take off the clamp that holds the cartridge in. I sprayed W40 on it. Then hit it with a 4x4 piece of wood. WHen you go to put them back in, take some sand paper and clean out the carbon inside the turbine housing to the cartride goes back in easy. And make sure you take note of the alignment pin!! Boo yaa!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mighty Mouse said:
I swapped out my two turbos. And i beleive you can swap them wiht no problem. The cartridge is the same but not the exhaust housing, i dont recall? But anyways what I did to save time was to take off the clamp that holds the cartridge in. I sprayed W40 on it. Then hit it with a 4x4 piece of wood. WHen you go to put them back in, take some sand paper and clean out the carbon inside the turbine housing to the cartride goes back in easy. And make sure you take note of the alignment pin!! Boo yaa!
Does anyone have a good write-up for just swapping out the 2nd turbo cartridge? If not, could someone at least gimme a good starting point?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts