Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im replacing my clutch and flywheel.
i know i should get new flywheel bolts.
what else should i change? throw out bearing? pilot bearing?
thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
13,581 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man!
and should i replace the flywheel bolts??
my friend is telling me not to.

anyone know the part number for the throw out bearing and pilot bearing?
thank you :)

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Rule of thumb is to replace the flywheel bolts. I would consider changing the rear main seal while you have the transmission out. Also replace the the wave washers and snap rings while you are in there as they aren't that expensive to replace. Be sure to get a pilot bearing removal tool because without it, it'll be nearly impossible to get it out.

·
Registered
934 Posts
i am preparing for a new clutch myself. i was going to buy a lightened flywheel until straightline performance did not recommend it.... i trust their opinion so i went w/ stock.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
The manual says for you to replace the flywheel bolts.When i did mine,i change out the pilot bearing,throw out bearing and all the washers and clips and i only had 35k on my 98.I was going to also change the clutch bolts but i use loctite,the blue one.

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts
No tool needed for the Pilot bearing. Fill the hole behind it with grease, then tap a tight fitting bolt into the hole. The grease will act as a hydraulic, bearing comes right out. Works everytime.

·
ˆê”Ô ƒGƒAƒ�ƒgƒv‚d‚q
1,039 Posts
The flywheel bolts can be re-used one time safely. If you are not sure how many times they have been removed then I would replace them. The cover bolts don't need to be replaced, but the washers often deform when retightening. The cover bolts are super cheap, so you might as well order them. Also, when a clutch is worn out and in need of replacement the pilot and throw out bearing should always be replaced. And of course, since your in there you might as well replace the rear main seal.

Also, dre99gsx's tip works beautifully if you don't have the proper tool to remove the pilot bearing. Sometimes after you tap the bolt in there a little you have to pull it out and add more grease then put the bolt in there and hammer it again. Be sure to clean out the grease after the Pilot bearing is out.

Ishii

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the help guys.
im gonna change the pilot bearing and throw out bearing also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts