Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that preping the egr isnt as big as hg but you still have to...

from what i have read people are just scraping the gasket off... so my question is what do i do after i took the gasket out?

and where can i get the gasket for those? or is the old one reusable? any other prep work?

·
Love teh white wimmenz!
320 Posts
shave all the leftover gasket off, you can get another gasket at toyota for under 13 bucks, then put some thread lock on the screws and tighten that sucker up!

by the way good luck gettin that sucker off, Im having a helluva good time :mad: .

·
Registered
65 Posts
What I did also was i went down to my local machine shop (selby's) in santa rosa and had my egr cooler plate surfaced. my gaskest was 20 bucks from santa rosa toyota

good luck read other post some say to tilt the engine some got a special tool that reached the bottom middle bolts. i just pulled the engine and did some clean up while it was out.

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i read all those... some people can remove it without removing the valve covers.... im ganna see if im that slick lol..

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,463 Posts
teh easy way of doing it is to pull the the enige forword

take the lower sub frame montes off and undo the tranny montes use einge crain tomove the einge forwd after that is it snap to fix and get at work great if you have hoist cna be done on flat groudn as well

take the tranny off is another

another is take the drive shaft out und do tranny undo motor montes then use crain and it out fo the monte seats and tlitn the more tell you can get at it from the bottom some one told me this but i don't knwo how much tlit you can get

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NashMan said:
teh easy way of doing it is to pull the the enige forword

take the lower sub frame montes off and undo the tranny montes use einge crain tomove the einge forwd after that is it snap to fix and get at work great if you have hoist cna be done on flat groudn as well

take the tranny off is another

another is take the drive shaft out und do tranny undo motor montes then use crain and it out fo the monte seats and tlitn the more tell you can get at it from the bottom some one told me this but i don't knwo how much tlit you can get
i know bout those to but i dont have any hoist....

and undoing the trane is hard... when i replace my clutch disk/cover it took me awhile to get it of...(dam 2 bolts on top is hard to take off...) and im not going to do that again just to get the egr cooler replace...

i rather take out the valve cover s lol...

besides i think i have the NINJA SLICK HANDS>>>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts