Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hoses leading to my heater core are leaking coolant. The ones in the back, middle, top of the engine bay that come out over the spark plug cover and then back to the firewall. Does anyone know a easy way to change them considering the small amout of room.
Thanks in advance.
MARK

D

·
0 Posts
cut and remove... new hose is easy to put on just put a bit of coolent on the inside of the hose for lubrication.

·
Registered
403 Posts
cut & remove? Mine has been leaking for forever now and i cant fix the problem. I have done everything and they still leak. Tried different clamps, replaced the inner connecting tube, and even tried tape. Mine seems to leak from where the hose connects together. If anyone has a remedy that would be great....let us know :D

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
Usually replacing the inner connection fixes things. If it doesn't you need to replace the hose. It is not easy as you pointed out. The difficult part is removing the old hose. No room to grip the clamp. Be patient and if you have some 90 degree needle nose pliers your life will be much easier.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
I replaced mine ( they werent leaking ) so I could keep them away from plug cover. If you cut the original hose at the right spot you can shorten it and it wont come up over the cover.
Pic is at raretoy.com

·
Registered
67 Posts
My hoses leading to my heater core are leaking coolant. The ones in the back, middle, top of the engine bay that come out over the spark plug cover and then back to the firewall. Does anyone know a easy way to change them considering the small amout of room.
Thanks in advance.
MARK
Did you have air in your overflow tank after spirited driving when you had this leak?

·
iSPOOL
1,349 Posts
Did you have air in your overflow tank after spirited driving when you had this leak?
I don't think you're going to get a reply on a thread long dead my friend. Replace your hoses and see if it fixes your problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts