Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to get an antenna similar to that of the is300, the power one is kinda bent and i think the car looks ugly with that metal antenna up. has anyone put on maybe a JDM short antenna? i dont want one that retracts. any suggestions?

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alx2785 said:
just unplug the harness to it. Problem solved.

Alex
yeah ive done that but then i dotn get reception haha, i seen a few guy do the short antenna so i was wondering what it takes

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
AH ok I dont have that problem as the radio sucks ass, but maybe you might want on of those shark antennas or a similar small one that you can place on the hatch glass inside or out. I have seen the short ones that you mount in the stock location, and they look stupid IMO

Alex

·
Registered
72 Posts
My power antenna was on the fritz as well. Everytime you would cut the car off or switch from CD to radio (aftermarket CD player) it would sound like a fuel pump on steroids running on an empty tank.

I ditched the power antenna and put on a Fuba S-2000 style short antenna. To me it looks 1000 times better and will never break. I bought mine from Locustom. Do a yahoo search. There are some pics on this antenna on a black supra and a red supra floating around this forum. Some call this antenna a "Shark Attack" antenna. Installation is a snap and everything needed is included.

Michael

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
onequiksupra said:
My power antenna was on the fritz as well. Everytime you would cut the car off or switch from CD to radio (aftermarket CD player) it would sound like a fuel pump on steroids running on an empty tank.

I ditched the power antenna and put on a Fuba S-2000 style short antenna. To me it looks 1000 times better and will never break. I bought mine from Locustom. Do a yahoo search. There are some pics on this antenna on a black supra and a red supra floating around this forum. Some call this antenna a "Shark Attack" antenna. Installation is a snap and everything needed is included.

Michael
awsome, ill check out some info on that, in the meanwhile if u happen to find some pics or a link it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'll try to snap some pics of my car tommorrow

Here is the link to the antenna. Pics will help you get the effect of how good it looks though.

http://www.locustom.com/shark2_kit.htm

Michael

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doesnt seem like it would fit where the factory antenna is, looks like a roof mount only

·
Registered
72 Posts
Trust me it fits and super well too

·
Registered
72 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts