Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at a little over 30k on my supra and noticed the upper radiator hose is begining to sag. Should I just replace the lower and upper or do most people replace other hoses are well? IS there anything else that should be replaced when I do this? Obviosly I am going to be putting in toyota red coolant after changing stuff out.

Thanks,
Randy

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
hey randy...i really doubt..if u need to change the lower one, jus get the metal one for the upper..n get a trd thermostat...n u will be all set!!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The other ones don't need changing at all after 30k? Cool! ( they're the originals ) Where can I get the upper metal hose from for a good price? Is the themostat hard to change out?

- Randy

·
HIGH ON PSI
1,040 Posts
you can get an metal upper radiator pipe from ebay. thats where i got mine and it was cheap! only 49.99 with 6.99 shipping if i remember correctly. comes with couplers and hose clamps too!

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Pwr4all,

If you want a bit of show and bling, i'd get the aluminum upper radiator pipe, but just make sure you get some good clamps. Something like the spring kind that keeps constant tension on the hoses because I've seen a few leak.

If you dont care for bling, just get a replacement 98 one as per Premier panda's recommendation. Cheap and effective.

I have 91k miles on my lower radiator pipe with no leakage so i think its ok. The TRD thermostat is a must have for cooling upgrade. Its very easy to install. Remove the lower radiator pipe, and its located in the coolant pipe going to the block.

Good Luck,

-Phu

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
::MySTiK_[SuPRa]:: said:
Pwr4all,

If you want a bit of show and bling, i'd get the aluminum upper radiator pipe, but just make sure you get some good clamps. Something like the spring kind that keeps constant tension on the hoses because I've seen a few leak.

If you dont care for bling, just get a replacement 98 one as per Premier panda's recommendation. Cheap and effective.

I have 91k miles on my lower radiator pipe with no leakage so i think its ok. The TRD thermostat is a must have for cooling upgrade. Its very easy to install. Remove the lower radiator pipe, and its located in the coolant pipe going to the block.

Good Luck,

-Phu
Thanks! is the TRD Themostat a lower tempeture than the stocker? I am in california and have to pass smog.

- Randy

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Pwr4all said:
Thanks! is the TRD Themostat a lower tempeture than the stocker? I am in california and have to pass smog.

- Randy

Hey Randy,

Yes the TRD thermostat is a lower temperature than stock. IIRC, the TRD opens up at 160°C compared to 180°C of the stock one.

--Phu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts