Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
PlayBoy
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a search but the search feature seems a little whacked.

Approximately how long will it take to remove and replace the stock twin turbos with another set of stock twin turbos?

4 hours? 8 hours?

Assuming it's being done by a mechanic that hasn't worked on a supra before.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
infernoo, thanks a lot for those links, saved me the trouble of hunting them down and I'm needing them now too.

·
Registered
881 Posts
are you sure you need to replace both? I say that because I had the front turbo go out and was able to replace it quite quickly leaving alot of stuff in the car. I did a pretty nice writeup on the replacement too. Just search under my name.

·
Registered
753 Posts
SupraBoy, I'm doing mine this weekend. Good luck with yours...

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Agree to that. The first time is PITA!:( The engine bay around the stockers is kinda designed that narrow spaced for like japanese mini hands;)
If I remember it correctly it took me even longer than 10 hours to do the whole job. But I wasn´t doing it in a hurry.
Gerd

·
No Ego or Arrogance!!!!!!
744 Posts
Me too replace them,it took me about 10 to 12 hours working a little each day about 4 hour a day for 3 days they are some stuborn nuts that you have to spray.Its very tight in there I have thick forearms and end up with some scratches very fun.

·
Registered
967 Posts
guardrail said:
are you sure you need to replace both? I say that because I had the front turbo go out and was able to replace it quite quickly leaving alot of stuff in the car. I did a pretty nice writeup on the replacement too. Just search under my name.
So you did a writeup on replacing just the #1? Was it MUCH easier? You werent making any boost at all on the #1 or spooling slow or what were the symptoms?

·
Registered
40 Posts
man i got half way into it then just had a friend finish the job at his shop. GL with it though it helps to have small hands i posted some pics a while back you might have seen them in your search

1 - 13 of 13 Posts