Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Powdered Toast Man
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a questions about the hoses. I have noticed that some of them are hard and molded to a certain shape while others are just flimsy rubber hoses. When I replace the molded plastic ones, can I use regular flexible hose to replace it or should I get the molded hose through TOyota.
THanks

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
good question, the hoses from toyota are an arm and a leg, but some are molded, becase w/ a regular hose you have the posiblility of crimping it... say on a 90' angle.... anyone else have any alternatives? or a place that wont shaft you?

·
*I see you*
668 Posts
I got a few from Toyota for my car. I'd say use regular hose where you can/want to and use the molded pieces, that may be molded to fit better, every where else. You may want new hose clamps too.

H

·
0 Posts
You will probably need to go to toyota for that stupid 90 degree hose next to the exhaust manifold, i couldnt find one anywhere else, but its not that expensive.

S

·
0 Posts
Actually all the hoses are soft and pliable when new. Over the years they turn hard.

You can get most hoses from Gates. Punch in the details of your car, and it will give you all the hose details here:

http://www.gates.com/part_locator/index.cfm

Many other manufacturers like Goodyear, Haco etc. will have listings for most replacements also.

The fit is not always perfect, and if you plan on keeping your car for a while, Toyota hoses would make a decent investment.

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Speaking of hoses, someone needs to make a replacement hardpipe for the lower radiator hose. (Convoluted SOB that it is.)
I'm thinking of using some "cool pipe" or Earl's version of it. The one I have is too short, so I'll eventually use it for the upper radiator hose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts