Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get my windsheild replaced on my car due to the fact it has a chip and a lot of little pits in it from over the years. Here in Fl, insurance covers the cost of it completely. I am just wondering, is there any wayto get an OEM windsheild? My dad had a windsheild replaced in his landcruiser with some sort of copy and now he hears wind noises, I do not want the same in my car, but I want a new window. Can you go to Toyota to have a window replaced and get a Toyota window that way? I am guessing they would have to order a supra window, I dont think they would have them in stock.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Working for Lexus I see alot of customers complain about aftermarket glass. Your insurance company will try and get you to put in a cheaper glass. Just make sure you insist on OEM. We can get glass and moldings over night. Also tell them you want new moldings, reduce possible leak and wind noise.
Later Ed.

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
Yes you can. I believe Jim at Turbo Toys was telling me it's about $800 for an OEM windshield and somewhere around $200-400 for an aftermarket.

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
The cost of having an aftermarket windshield installed is $160 my cost. I personally wouldn't spend the extra $$$ for an OEM windshield. And I can live with the wind noise for the savings. However, your insurance may require to only install a cheap windshield.

Its the same way when you go to a doctor. He may prescribe you a medication but the BS health insurance may say its not covered due to some "Formulary" list that they some how came up with to penny pinch themselves. "WTF, is a prescription ?!" , I ask.

A battle like so is one the consumer never wins. SO its best to read all your fine print and call the insrance company after that to let them know of your intentions.

Joe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts