Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My OEM windshield cracked and ended up replacing it with a cheap windshield. The new windshield has distortion and waves that make it uncomfortable to drive.

New replacement for OEM will cost $1200+. I seen that Titan motorsports has one, (TITAN MKIV SUPRA POLYCARBONITE WINDSHIELD). Anyone have expierence with these?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just had my factory windshield replaced 2 weeks ago with the Pilkington windshield that I purchased here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-OEM-Windshield-fits-1993-1998-Toyota-Supra-/131826871277?fits=Model:Supra&hash=item1eb17e6bed:g:kdsAAOxy69JTGJrr&vxp=mtr
(although the link above sale a PGW brand, I contacted the seller and requested for a Pilkington for the same price, either brands are OEM quality)

Comparing to the factory that I have before, I cannot see any differences, it fits perfectly, no distortion and the tinting is identical to the factory, the mirror mount also fit perfectly. I also purchased the molding from Toyota which many also recommended. The result is awesome. The installer charged me $175 to install, I know it is a little over price but it is well worth it and they were very careful not to scratch anything.

Hope this help.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I choose Pilkington is because my 2015 RX350 factory windshield has Pilkington name on it. It is a brand name that I recognized. The peel off label on the windshield said "Made in Mexico". PPG or PGW will do like most have mentioned on here although I have not experienced with neither.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you bought this exact windshield from this seller? No issues at all with the windshield? I'm about to buy it

I just had my factory windshield replaced 2 weeks ago with the Pilkington windshield that I purchased here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-OEM-Windshield-fits-1993-1998-Toyota-Supra-/131826871277?fits=Model:Supra&hash=item1eb17e6bed:g:kdsAAOxy69JTGJrr&vxp=mtr
(although the link above sale a PGW brand, I contacted the seller and requested for a Pilkington for the same price, either brands are OEM quality)

Comparing to the factory that I have before, I cannot see any differences, it fits perfectly, no distortion and the tinting is identical to the factory, the mirror mount also fit perfectly. I also purchased the molding from Toyota which many also recommended. The result is awesome. The installer charged me $175 to install, I know it is a little over price but it is well worth it and they were very careful not to scratch anything.

Hope this help.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes - Just what a mentioned earlier, the link is for a PGW but I contacted the seller and requested for a Pilkington for the same price. And I got the Pilkington installed on mine with no distortion. And since it is new, it looks much better now comparing to my 22 years old factory windshield. One thing to note, the installer had to reuse the factory mirror mount on the new windshield.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts