1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Selling my kidney now.

·
Registered
374 Posts
No need to sell a kidney, just want a couple years and pick up a nice used one for half that price. Thats what I would like to do anyway.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
yep thats what i love about the Corvette, wait 2 years and its half. Not like those damn NSX's still selling for damn near retail 10 years later.

great times. I figured 11's would be obtained right out the box. Now just imagine once the gear heads get a hold of one. :eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
VRA said:
No need to sell a kidney, just want a couple years and pick up a nice used one for half that price. Thats what I would like to do anyway.
I like to do that too. Problem is, by the time a couple years roll around, the c7 will be out, and we'll want that one instead.

·
Registered
648 Posts
kensan said:
I like to do that too. Problem is, by the time a couple years roll around, the c7 will be out, and we'll want that one instead.

not necessarily the case. a lot of the big corvette fans are disappointed w/ the c6. i think that is almost strictly regarding the exterior, though. the lack of pop ups and the stubby front and rear. every time i see a nice c5 z06 on the street, it is a head turner already. the new model, while cool, is starting to be "oh there goes another c6". i will probably turn my head when i see a c6 z06 roll by though. :bigthumb:

·
456 Posts
Sounds nice but the new ones are not as good looking as the C5. The C5 looks rock solid and has strong lines. The C6 has strange curves here and there and the rims are a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I don't care what other ppl say but I feel sick looking at it.

·
Banned
338 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Deuces_Wild said:
Wait, is the C6 ZO6 Targa?? I can check that off of the list to own if it is.
Nope, it's not. They actually went to the trouble of making the roof very strong and light on the Z06 as opposed to the targa on the regular C6.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Good conditions and a set of drag radials means a mid 11 second car at 122mph+.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Considering there have been some guys getting the C5 Z06 into the high 11's stock, I can't waiit to see what a factory freak in good conditions will do. I really got light a fire under my dad's ass and make him get on board!

James

·
Armed to the Teeth
243 Posts
MR2ninja said:
c6 performance in c5 body styling and I think a lot of people would be happy....
Exactly. C5's Z06 was PERFECT stylewise!!!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
cds01 said:
not necessarily the case. a lot of the big corvette fans are disappointed w/ the c6. i think that is almost strictly regarding the exterior, though. the lack of pop ups and the stubby front and rear. every time i see a nice c5 z06 on the street, it is a head turner already. the new model, while cool, is starting to be "oh there goes another c6"
The "corvette fans" upset with the new C6 are most likely either:

A) C5 owners who now realize their precious has now been made an obsolete chevy soon to be driven by illegal aliens with carpet on the dash and one headlight in the permanent up position like C4s are now.

B) People who can't afford a C6. These are the same people who scoffed at the C5's "ugly and radical changes" in 1996.

- The C6 is better than the C5 is every aspect. Do deny this, ask yourself if you're a Type A or B.

John H

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
jet864 said:
Considering there have been some guys getting the C5 Z06 into the high 11's stock, I can't waiit to see what a factory freak in good conditions will do. I really got light a fire under my dad's ass and make him get on board!

James
LMAO @ 11s stock comment!

This C6 Z06 was a pre-production factory ringer. You honestly think GM would roll out a top secret highly anticipated car to the DRAG STRIP during a Corvette Meet that would be below par with a production model? Please... This is as good as it's going to get (until owners start modding their "stock" cars).

Was it a year or so ago in this forum when a discussion about the base C6 went something along the lines of "Watch out BPU Supras, the C6 will eat you up!" With it's 13s in the 1/4 some people owe me an apology. :) Now I'm sure in a year or so there will be some "stock" C6's turning 11s just like the C5 Z06s". haha. Looks like the old BPU doesn't have much to worry about at the drag strip with the C6 Z06 either.

With that said, I LOVE the C6 Z06 de A couple weeks ago at the Dallas Auto Show I stared at one on a rotating table for almost 30 minutes. It makes the C5 Z06 look like the failed disgusting '99 budget model FRC it is.

John H

·
Registered
22 Posts
John H said:
LMAO @ 11s stock comment!

This C6 Z06 was a pre-production factory ringer. You honestly think GM would roll out a top secret highly anticipated car to the DRAG STRIP during a Corvette Meet that would be below par with a production model? Please... This is as good as it's going to get (until owners start modding their "stock" cars).

Was it a year or so ago in this forum when a discussion about the base C6 went something along the lines of "Watch out BPU Supras, the C6 will eat you up!" With it's 13s in the 1/4 some people owe me an apology. :) Now I'm sure in a year or so there will be some "stock" C6's turning 11s just like the C5 Z06s". haha. Looks like the old BPU doesn't have much to worry about at the drag strip with the C6 Z06 either.

With that said, I LOVE the C6 Z06 de A couple weeks ago at the Dallas Auto Show I stared at one on a rotating table for almost 30 minutes. It makes the C5 Z06 look like the failed disgusting '99 budget model FRC it is.

John H
K I'm not one to get into stupid internet conflicts but this Z06 was driven by several different people, none of them were GM's pros. There is a member on the Corvette forums named Ranger and yes, he has taken his bone stock C5 Z06 into the 11s. I know it's not the norm but I never said it was. I said "factory freaks". Read the whole thread on the Z06, you'll read all the details there.

I would bet you real money all the car mags get the Z into the 11s stock trapping no lower than 124. I don't know why you're bringing up BPU Supras, they were never even considered in this conversation until you started putting down the Z06. We're here on this thread to discuss the Z06's quarter stats, that's all but I guess we can all have our own opinions. :)

James

1 - 20 of 30 Posts