Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Considering there have been some guys getting the C5 Z06 into the high 11's stock, I can't waiit to see what a factory freak in good conditions will do. I really got light a fire under my dad's ass and make him get on board!

James

· Registered
158 Posts
John H said:
LMAO @ 11s stock comment!

This C6 Z06 was a pre-production factory ringer. You honestly think GM would roll out a top secret highly anticipated car to the DRAG STRIP during a Corvette Meet that would be below par with a production model? Please... This is as good as it's going to get (until owners start modding their "stock" cars).

Was it a year or so ago in this forum when a discussion about the base C6 went something along the lines of "Watch out BPU Supras, the C6 will eat you up!" With it's 13s in the 1/4 some people owe me an apology. :) Now I'm sure in a year or so there will be some "stock" C6's turning 11s just like the C5 Z06s". haha. Looks like the old BPU doesn't have much to worry about at the drag strip with the C6 Z06 either.

With that said, I LOVE the C6 Z06 de A couple weeks ago at the Dallas Auto Show I stared at one on a rotating table for almost 30 minutes. It makes the C5 Z06 look like the failed disgusting '99 budget model FRC it is.

John H
K I'm not one to get into stupid internet conflicts but this Z06 was driven by several different people, none of them were GM's pros. There is a member on the Corvette forums named Ranger and yes, he has taken his bone stock C5 Z06 into the 11s. I know it's not the norm but I never said it was. I said "factory freaks". Read the whole thread on the Z06, you'll read all the details there.

I would bet you real money all the car mags get the Z into the 11s stock trapping no lower than 124. I don't know why you're bringing up BPU Supras, they were never even considered in this conversation until you started putting down the Z06. We're here on this thread to discuss the Z06's quarter stats, that's all but I guess we can all have our own opinions. :)

James

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.