Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was originally slated to join the Mid-Atlantic Supra crew up on the concourse level on Saturday only for the show. This show is huge, drawing over 35,000 people in the Spring and another 20,000+ in the Fall. I got a call from a guy who was part of the garaged area, where they put special displays. This year there was an Amphicar, a Tornado Attack vehicle, and the Monster Garage's Red Baron (you can read about those cars here: http://www.lowesmotorspeedway.com/cars/ ). The man was trying to find more cars for their tribute to the turbocharger. When he asked if my car was turbo and stock-appearing, I said yes. I let him know it had a fresh repaint last year. He said to clean it up and bring it down (this was Wednesday as I was getting off of work) and they would display it all weekend. It was a good thing I had cleaned the car the previous weekend! A quick spray of the hose and a wipedown with a microfiber towel and I was on my way.

I showed up at the speedway around 5:00 and finished cleaning up the wheels/tires and polishing the exterior. We had to move all the cars in the display to get them in chronological order, then pull them on the display pedestals so they could put the information signs on them. They had mine made the next day, so I got to be surprised by what was on it. They even let me take it home, which makes sense, what else were they going to do with it?

Enough words, here are the pictures:

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
LUCKY!!!

dude thats awesome. the car looks great. way to represent!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Looks awesome Matt. But I have to ask, why did you blur out your name on the plaque?

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SupraMan1990 said:
Looks awesome Matt. But I have to ask, why did you blur out your name on the plaque?
Internet detectives :) You never know what lengths some crazy-ass person might go to these days.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ lol he JUST did that, because i read it 2 minutes ago and it was there :D

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Boostedmkiii said:
^ lol he JUST did that, because i read it 2 minutes ago and it was there :D
Busted :D

Thanks for the comments ya'll! It'll probably be a while before anymore upgrades get done, looking at buying a home soon :nervous:

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
what is that white car in front of you?
do youi know if they had a Dodge Shelby Charger there?

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spoolme said:
what is that white car in front of you?
do youi know if they had a Dodge Shelby Charger there?
The car in front was an '89 Firebird with the 3.8 v-6 turbo (same as a Grand National). It only had 596 miles! There were only 7 cars in the display (garage space was limited) and they were a Corvair, Porsche of some sort ('79 I think?), '89 Firebird, mine, '93 Typhoon, 2006 WRX wagon, and a Mustang drag car.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
oohhh. a Corvair!!! nice

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
86SUPRA7mgte said:
Wooow. I am jealous. Very nice!!! Theres nothing like a stock/near stock 92 turbo mk3!

na-t Dave
Stock appearing, anyways :) Basic upgrades done, ran a 13.9 at 103MPH in the quarter.

I think the 1192 figure was USA models only. Jeff Lange would know :)

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
Nocheez said:
Stock appearing, anyways :) Basic upgrades done, ran a 13.9 at 103MPH in the quarter.

I think the 1192 figure was USA models only. Jeff Lange would know :)
sweet, nice to know your car is gonna make the big time haha ;)

btw ur mods on 550's or 440's? been wondering what it takes to hit 13's

<l><l>

1 - 20 of 35 Posts