Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

My search for a second MKIV 6MT is over, thank God. The owner and I have agreed on price and are just working out the logistical details. I need intelligent and informed advice from those that have direct experience in shipping cars from Point A to Point B. The car will be shipped from Florida to SoCali, so if any of you have had excellent experiences with shippers that have enclosed transporters available in the southeastern part of the country, I would very much like to hear from you in this regard.

I maintain my vehicles at the highest level, so I need a shipper that will handle the vehicle with all the TLC it and I require. In that context, please post the name and contact info of only those shippers you feel meet these requirements. TIA to all who respond.

Ken.

·
Super Moderator
10,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mods, posted in Fla forum also, so please do not delete. Thanks.

Ken.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Gary Almond (exotic car transport's) does a great job. Congrat's on your new purchase. I knew you've been looking for a while. Will this car be ready for SILV06?

·
Super Moderator
10,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kerry1 said:
Gary Almond (exotic car transport's) does a great job. Congrat's on your new purchase. I knew you've been looking for a while. Will this car be ready for SILV06?
Kerry,

Do you have contact info and do you know if they have transporters located on the east coast? First time I've done this, but I don't want to pay for a guy to drive from the midwest or west to pick up the car and then pay for him to backtrack across the country to deliver the vehicle to SPE.

The car is a pretty sweet BPU++++ car with wheels and tires and suspension. I plan to drive it as it for a while, if not forever. I'd have to figure out how to get two cars to Vegas, lol, but I guess it's a possibility. Thanks for responding.

Ken.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ken wait until I get home and I will give you a FANTASTIC enclosed trailer shipper that my friends and I have used to ship cars.

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Passporttransport.com reliabletransport.com

Both are very good!

·
Super Moderator
10,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a bunch, Ryan. I know I can rely on your recommendations. Kal, when are you getting home?

Ken.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
www.almondexotictransports.com for any info you need ken. He cost's a liitle more but it was worth it to me. Fully enclosed, insured and no issue's. He does exotic car's all over the country. Garth recommended him to me when I bought my QS. He's shipped alot of viper's for heffner, chad, etc. for the TX viper meet. You might want to ask peter also. He's pretty well known in the viper community. If it's an issue with SILV06, you can leave the supra with me till the event. :) Good luck in your search. I know how particular you are about your cars!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Gary Almond of Exotic Transports is the absolute BEST there is in the industry. He has VERY personable service, EXTREMELY nice man! His enclosed trailer has video surveillance. He can actually see your car in the trailer while he is driving his duallie tow rig. He hauls ONE car at a time from Point A to Point B. He has another trailer ordered that will haul a maximum of 2 cars at a time, but I am very sure he is still using his single trailer.

Very nice gentleman, I think he was an engineer by trade at one time; now he just enjoys driving and delivering cars. Gary FTW without a doubt. As absolutely anal retentive as I am, there is not a single person in the world who would touch my cars other than him, period!!!! He has been used by Peter Blach on more than once occasion, I am VERY sure about that.

If you call him, please tell him that Kip recommended him. He is a very, very busy man, but he is WELL WORTH the price and wait. I have him lined up to move 4 cars for me, LOL. It'll be 5 as soon as I pick up the new 2500 mile 98 QS 6sp :bigthumb:
Thanks.
Kip Z.

PS: His contact # is 240-994-1343

·
Super Moderator
10,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys all the input is greatly appreciated. I've decided to go with Gary Almond. I've received a lot of excellent feedback from guys who are as anal about their cars as I am and have successfully used Almond's services in the past.

Mods, you can lock this thread at your convenience.

Ken.

·
Administrator
9,293 Posts
WrenchWhore said:
Gary Almond of Exotic Transports is the absolute BEST there is in the industry. He has VERY personable service, EXTREMELY nice man! His enclosed trailer has video surveillance. He can actually see your car in the trailer while he is driving his duallie tow rig. He hauls ONE car at a time from Point A to Point B. He has another trailer ordered that will haul a maximum of 2 cars at a time, but I am very sure he is still using his single trailer.

Very nice gentleman, I think he was an engineer by trade at one time; now he just enjoys driving and delivering cars. Gary FTW without a doubt. As absolutely anal retentive as I am, there is not a single person in the world who would touch my cars other than him, period!!!! He has been used by Peter Blach on more than once occasion, I am VERY sure about that.

If you call him, please tell him that Kip recommended him. He is a very, very busy man, but he is WELL WORTH the price and wait. I have him lined up to move 4 cars for me, LOL. It'll be 5 as soon as I pick up the new 2500 mile 98 QS 6sp :bigthumb:
Thanks.
Kip Z.

Pics of the said vehicle immeadiately!

Ken good luck with the purchase...drop me an email when you get a chance! Pay the extra...I shipped a vehicle from Tampa, FL to CT and the car arrived w/a cracked front lip and undertray...they bartered w/me to what those pieces would cost...in the end the price I paid for the car to get here was about $200...so save yourself the hassle.

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Bring it by Titan, let us do a ton of stuff to it then we can arrange to ship it. This way its turn key :)

Exotic Transport is based in Orlando, FL if the car is close by they may have a good rate. If you gotta get it done and want a company name behing it there's Fed Ex Custom Critical.

KenHenderson said:
Guys,

My search for a second MKIV 6MT is over, thank God. The owner and I have agreed on price and are just working out the logistical details. I need intelligent and informed advice from those that have direct experience in shipping cars from Point A to Point B. The car will be shipped from Florida to SoCali, so if any of you have had excellent experiences with shippers that have enclosed transporters available in the southeastern part of the country, I would very much like to hear from you in this regard.

I maintain my vehicles at the highest level, so I need a shipper that will handle the vehicle with all the TLC it and I require. In that context, please post the name and contact info of only those shippers you feel meet these requirements. TIA to all who respond.

Ken.

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
Ken, I expect an E-mail STAT. :) Congrats on the purchase my friend, I remember our talk about what you were looking for in a car so I'm sure this one is pristine.

·
Super Moderator
10,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WrenchWhore said:
Thanks.
Kip Z.

Kip,

Thanks again for the referral. In my haste to make the call, I missed the fact you are picking up #5....WOW. Congrats....again.....on the purchase of what is clearly a very special car.

Ken.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Exotic Car Transport does great work. They brought Nero's 996 from AZ to FL and I took delivery, the driver made cellphone contact many times to update on the weather and estimated delivery time and was very careful when removing the car. A++ . Whose car did you buy from here in FL?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
KenHenderson said:
Kip,

Thanks again for the referral. In my haste to make the call, I missed the fact you are picking up #5....WOW. Congrats....again.....on the purchase of what is clearly a very special car.

Ken.
You're welcome, my friend. I'm always there to help those I trust, and I've been reading your posts long enough to know that you give very good, unbiased, nonjudgmental advice based upon real-world experience and knowledge. You're the true veteran here above and beyond all others. I hope you enjoy the new car; you deserve something special, as I think you're about as adamant as I am about clean, well-documented cars :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
10,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nero said:
Bring it by Titan, let us do a ton of stuff to it then we can arrange to ship it. This way its turn key :)

Exotic Transport is based in Orlando, FL if the car is close by they may have a good rate. If you gotta get it done and want a company name behing it there's Fed Ex Custom Critical.
Nero,

Don't think I haven't thought of this, LOL. I'm looking forward, though, to having two cars at opposite ends of the spectrum. One kitted, one stock bodied; one comprehensively modded and one BPU with a few plusses; one for the weekend, and one for driving around town during the week during the long summer evenings and VERY occasionally to work; one 100% race gas and one on pump You know me, if I own it, I drive it. So don't tempt me, lol, as my family already does not believe I can leave this car alone. Thanks for the offer, though.

Ken.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
ken ...

one question...

what color is it ?

·
Super Moderator
10,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^^Renaissance Red.