Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a reputable engine machine shop near Sacramento to do a cylinder bore/hone, check crank, etc. Also need a 3 or 5 angle valve job on the cylinder head and machine work for a metal head gasket. Who has a good reputation for doing this type of work?

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
well lets bring this back. i am in need of a good machine shop in sac. i have heard that Boken Bros. is a good place and if not that then Cascar. what machine shops do you guys go through? it would be great if they have worked with 2j's or even 7m's before.
thanks

O forgot to say what i needed done: bore, hone, line hone, check crank for balance, and tank the block.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My crank is at Bokan right now and they apparently do good work. My block is with PEARL Engine Performance and my head is at Rod's Automotive Machine Shop, both on Franklin & 21st. Pearl & Rods sort-of work together in the same shop. I'll let you know how everything turns out; should be getting some things back next week.

A local SF member (lzalusky) used the above shops as well, however he is out of state and hasn't got it running yet.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
i work at florin road toyota and we send our flywheels to Rods and they do great work on that but a co-worker took his head an they didn't do such a good job on that so i dont think i'll be going there.
why did you take your crank and block to 2 different places?
we'll thanks for your help and let me know how your stuff turns out.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I know of a GREAT machine shop in napa, but you prob dont want to travel that far. But if you want the info PM me.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
thanks for the reply. i think napa might be too far. i know there are plenty of shops here in sac. so that would just be easier. thanks tho.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
paddlenbike said:
My crank is at Bokan right now
u maybe hit pipe too hard and try and chase da dragon! dont brake crank! brake off piece of ICE which is more pure unlike crank. crank dirty and most black people do that and crack which is almost same. use double thick glass pipe for to smoke crank. last but not least, chase the dragon my friend and never will be Bokan again.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
^ Hahahahahah ^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts