Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Last stock TT on Earth
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on doing a suspension upgrade this summer (coilovers, bushings, corner balance and alignment). Does anyone know of a good place to get this done in NW Indiana (or Indy area) or even in the Chicago area?

TIA.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
97TT6SP said:
I am planning on doing a suspension upgrade this summer (coilovers, bushings, corner balance and alignment). Does anyone know of a good place to get this done in NW Indiana (or Indy area) or even in the Chicago area?

TIA.
I can probably handle most of that for you. PM me with everything you had in mind.

Tim

·
Last stock TT on Earth
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tim but I was looking for a shop for several reasons. One, I can take off the old shocks/springs no problem and install the coilovers however, I don't want to waste time doing this because if I take my car to have the bushings replaced, they will have to remove the shocks anyway. Also, I don't want to bother adjusting the ride height as it will be done faster and correctly using a lift and a corner balance. I not looking to drop my car a lot, 0.5-0.75in at most. It seems to me the easist way to is to have shop do it all at once. It shouldn't cost a lot of money to do it anyways since this is a farily easy job.

·
Last stock TT on Earth
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I was hoping for something a little closer but I'll def. keep SP in mind.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Try Modified Auto Designs In Indianapolis (By Castleton Mall)
317-576-0356

·
Boost Junkie
12,688 Posts
Tim would do a great job for you, plus I think he has a lift.

Steve

·
Inline for the win
4,764 Posts
Bump for Tim. Great guy and great work that won't disappoint ya.

DP

·
Last stock TT on Earth
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I think if I drove to Chi-town and back, I would have to get an another alignment once I got back because the roads are so bad b/t here and there. Anyway, I am doing the job myself (ref. my thread in MKIV section about trying to remove rusted cam bolts) but I still haven't decided where to get her aligned. There isn't much choice around here (West Lafayette) and I don't want to drive to Indy on the "aligment" I will end up with once I get my car back in once piece. I hate to have a Sears or Discount Tire do it if they can even get my car on their rack. Last time I went to NTB the guy had no clue how to align my rear tires since the machine didn't tell him what to do. (I'm bringing my FSM with me this time)

·
Boost Junkie
12,688 Posts
Call the local Porshe dealership and see what they say for alignments. It does take a special person to align the Supra because they are a PITA.

Steve K.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've checked out AMS, it looks they specialize in EVO's, have afew Supras been through there? I've also found a DS1 Motorsports (or something like that). has anyone been there? n00b here, any help would be greatly appreciated. :gaysex:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts