Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say so far this game looks great. The in game cut scenes are very nice. Better than mgs4 and probably better than GOW2. The graphics overall are very nice and are very detailed down to the fabric on the main character's clothes.

The controls haven't changed since the demo if anyone was hoping that was going to happen. It's still a run away, stop, turn around, and shoot the zombies game play the RE series is known for.

As mentioned before the graphics are very nice but so far I see how this could be accomplished since most of what I've encountered so far has been close-encounter environments. I think there are more expansive type levels but I haven't got there yet. So far after the in-game tutorial you end up in house you started in, in the RE5 demo.

·
1,793 Posts
Are the controls still like the first one on PS1, where you push up to move in whatever direction you're facing and use left and right to pivot to change direction? If so, I refuse to play it.

·
can you not
2,089 Posts
Are the controls still like the first one on PS1, where you push up to move in whatever direction you're facing and use left and right to pivot to change direction? If so, I refuse to play it.
If that's the same as 4, I'm not playing it either. Those controls made me want to stab my throat with a penis.

Er, icepick :nervous:

·
[///M] Humdizzle
1,130 Posts
i played the demo and found out u can't run and shoot at the same time which totally killed it for me.

killzone owns this

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,890 Posts
It seems alright but the RE series has kind of gone down hill and is now made for newbs. I have a feeling that RE5 is going to as un-challenging as RE4 which disappoints me. They are also now, no longer scary. Where are the Puzzles?

RE>RE2>RECVX>RERemake>RE0>RE4>RE3>REUnberillaC>RESurvivor's

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nah thats the japanese control scheme. The US version uses a slightly different control scheme. Left thumb stick is forward/backwards/strafe left & right. Also you can do a quick 180 by pressing down and A. I don't remember if these were the same controls as the demo. I deleted my copy so I can't go back and check.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It seems alright but the RE series has kind of gone down hill and is now made for newbs. I have a feeling that RE5 is going to as un-challenging as RE4 which disappoints me. They are also now, no longer scary. Where are the Puzzles?

RE>RE2>RECVX>RERemake>RE0>RE4>RE3>REUnberillaC>RESurvivor's
uhhh RE4 had puzzles and the hydra head fuckers scared the shit out of me.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,890 Posts
It had like 2 puzzles at most and they were soooo easy.

Nothing scared me... the mansion... now that was scary.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,890 Posts
Oh yeah, I'm still def looking forward to it. I enjoyed 4 a lot but I just miss the old RE style as well.

·
Scuzi!
1,394 Posts
i played the demo and found out u can't run and shoot at the same time which totally killed it for me.

killzone owns this
KZ2 controls are pretty shittastic, too. They're start out sluggish at first and then when the aiming reticle starts moving it just keeps accelerating like a raped ape. I couldn't get into the game for this reason. I'd much prefer RE5 over KZ2, even if you can't run and gun in RE5.

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
I love puzzles. Nothing more realistic as trying to figure out PUZZLES in life, while trying to fight for your life, for your will to survive. :]

I guess, I'm just hankering for a Zombie Survival RPG/action game.

Somone needs to fund me to design such a game. All will buy.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Im hyped as fuck for this game. Graphics, Story, and Gameplay all look to be top notch.

I cant stand mindless shooters like Killzone or Gears, i like a slightly more tactical approach with a good story and characters that I am actually interested in.

RE5 is not a run and gun shooter, so dont compare it to one. You are never gonna have enough ammo, you are going to get swarmed and owned.

Type D is the best control scheme. I played the demo too many damn times and im fucking Pro at it.

This game will Rock.

This trailer is awesome.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44537.html

this one too :D

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45534.html

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Today is the official release date so might as well not start a new thread about it.

I also wanted to add that I popped in GOW2 for a cut scene comparison. GOW2 > RE5 When it comes to the epic grandness of the cut scenes, huge environments with huge draw distances. RE5 > GOW2 close up detail especially in the characters faces and small environments.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts