Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before anyone says search, SEARCH IS BROKEN.

Cometic MHG. I've got 1800 miles on since the rebuilt with the metal headgasket... I remember reading a big debate about wether or not I need to retorque the headgasket after a few thousand miles....

I'm going to Vancouver and the LAST thing I need is for my headgasket to start leaking/blow.

I've got one vote for retorque, anyone else? and a reason for your opinion?

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Studs SHOULD be fine i repeat SHOULD, but if you are that worried check em. I would check them for the hell of it.

I really want to go to Canada, i was all about it at first. But now im still waiting on parts to arrive to get my car going plus i need to get it through emmissions. On top of that getting across the boarder and getting a room, racing and everything is a hassle for minors... i know i would get screwed on something. :(

Tim

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
if youve put miles on the car and not a damn thing has happened, then why retorque?

·
92 TURBO
1,008 Posts
I used a Cometic with ARP bolts torqued to 75 ft/lbs. 1k since I finished. No retorque and not planning to either. Why, because according to Cometic, a retorque is not necessary with their MHG.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts