Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Unchained
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Unable to find another "liberal" testing station around Charlotte (the one used in the past has a new guy) I'm needing to reverse some mods to pass the visual. The MKIV passes the sniffer with flying colors even with all the mods but the absurd visual is a no go. R & R of the downpipe is no biggy, my greatest concern is the EGR.

I have installed a block-off plate on the top end of the EGR, bottom is still stock, capped the lines and installed the resitor on the harness. In order to pass the visual, will it be safe to remove the resitor and reconnect the harness with the block-off plate still installed or will doing so throw a code and/or dramatically affect the behavior of the ECU and A/F mixture? It's a '93/OBD1 and does not require the OBD testing but still gets the sniffer intrusion.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Scott

·
Unchained
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Any ideas?? This will be done only for testing then revert back to having it all capped again.

R

·
0 Posts
Really, this shouldn't really affect the test. I've had mine for two years now and everytime I go, I always pass fine. So I'd go ahead and go and not worry about it not passing.

Ryan

·
Unchained
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not worried about it not passing the sniffer, it's the need to pass a visual inspection as well. No matter how clean the car will run, if something is array with the visual it's an automatic failure. The MKIV runs a hell of a lot cleaner than my stock '85 Celica but yet fails simply because of the lack of stock exhaust and I'm afraid they'd look closely at the EGR also. I'm just wondering that if reconnecting the harness with the blockoff plate still in place would cause any undo harm or cause it to run stooopid rich, no matter how short of a time it may be reconnected.

A place that's not on any map, beyond the seven seas.
Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts