Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen that AEM came up with an update for the V2 that is for the Auto tt Supras. I was starting this thread to see if anyone has V2 with an auto and if you can share what you did before to control your tranny. What were the results with how you controlled your tranny with the v2 before and have you gotten the update. If you have gotten the update, have you changed your way of controlling the tranny and how does it work now? I have heard that people that were running v2 had to run with different relays or something to make it control the tranny correctly or without damaging the trans over time. Is this needed with the update or can it be ran the way it is right out of the box without damaging the tranny at all.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a built auto with a V1 at the moment, & also looking for info in this, what I dug up was with the V2 your tunner can control your line pressure with the built or oem auto transmission. With the V1 at every shift is as aggressive as if your were on WOT even when cruising, & puts stress/ wear on the tranny, so question is, is it worth changing your V1 to V2? I would, it suks spending 2k for a tranny and have it get hurt faster then it should.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I seen that AEM came up with an update for the V2 that is for the Auto tt Supras. I was starting this thread to see if anyone has V2 with an auto and if you can share what you did before to control your tranny. What were the results with how you controlled your tranny with the v2 before and have you gotten the update. If you have gotten the update, have you changed your way of controlling the tranny and how does it work now? I have heard that people that were running v2 had to run with different relays or something to make it control the tranny correctly or without damaging the trans over time. Is this needed with the update or can it be ran the way it is right out of the box without damaging the tranny at all.
I have not heard anything about this. Maybe you're talking about people wiring up a relay for the lockup.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not heard anything about this. Maybe you're talking about people wiring up a relay for the lockup.
Here is the info I am talking about.

New Hardware Update Available for 30-6100 EMS

« on: October 08, 2012, 09:51:01 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a new hardware update available for the 30-6100 Plug & Play EMS and AEM would like to ensure that all Supra TT AUTO TRANS users have their units updated. This update is NOT required for units that are only ever going to be used on either 5 or 6 speed manual transmission cars or cars with non-stock automatic transmissions (GM Powerglide, TH350/400, etc). Only vehicles with the stock A340E transmission need to have the update performed.

Line Pressure Control
Mod allows EMS to more precisely control the line pressure control solenoid.

Torque Converter Lock-Up
Mod allows for more consistent converter lock-up function.

The update is very simple and units can generally be modified and sent back out within one week from the time when the unit is received by AEM. To have these update modifications performed, please call Tech Support at 1-800-423-0046 and request a return authorization number.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I spoke to an AEM rep at SEMA a couple of weeks ago and asked about this. If you have AEM V2 with an auto trans, I see no reason not to send it in for the update.

They are no longer making any updates for V1 (which I have).

But if you don't have either, and want AEM, I'd wait it out bc Infinity will be released soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts