Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i decided to start up this thread since i've actually started up the project. Its been months since the car has been sitting doing nothing. So i got the two doors, front fenders and the bonnet. Also got the back lights and the entire suspension/brakes for both front and back.

I got the car without any of those and it had gotten a pretty crazy hit in front. But just watch it now, and compare it to when its finished from by my uncle in the straightening and painting shop, it'll look as if it never was hit lol. Cant Wait!

Oh, its a 1996 Model, the original color was a darkish kinda grey, and it looks silver in the sun. It originally came with 17" rims and 255/45 to the back and 235/45 in front. I have no clue if it was LSD or not as i've seen most N/A supras only leaving one tyre mark on the ground.

I scrapped the car basically to clean it out. Thursday im going for the interior parts such as panels, instrument cluster(might get a TRD tach/speedo) and i'll put some nice racing seats as well. Thursday basically completes the interior, my bday as well so a gift to myself lol.

I have a 2jzgte motor ready and waiting for it, using the 5speed.

Heres some pics of it.

Now the harsh part of the car, the front:

Yea its pretty fucked and crazy to bring it back, but what the hell, the price was like next to nothing for the car, got most of the parts damn cheap as well! I consider my self lucky so far.

Did this much today, got the entire front assembly on the car with suspension etc so its rolling now.

Well, tommorow im gonna bolt up any missing bolts, rolling it to the side until my uncle is ready for it next week and thats when the motor starts to go in. Hopefully with my night working with some friends, i should have the motor in teh car in a day or 2, so probably by june, mid june it should be finished.

·
Eleventeen
297 Posts
did I read that right? you're going to put in the motor before you straighten out the frame?

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
^^ :lol:

good luck on your project man, hopefully you can get it straightend but I would think it would be best to get the front rails new, they look way out of specs and like you said fucked

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol no im not putting the motor in as yet, im putting it in when its all finished. Im getting a radiator panel tommorow so it'll make it more easier. Got my uncle to check it today, he says its a piece of cake for him, even better if i get the radiator panel.

Damn i cant wait to get this back from him hehehe

I dunno how i was getting some good shots and blurry shots on the cam, but its a Sony Ericsson K750i

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
Plan on getting a 6=speed soon because that 5 speed won't last long.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
car was originally a facelift model, and so far im getting the facelift bumper, front lights, interior panels/instrument panel(well the one with the tach/speedo and 3 smaller gauges on it)....Hoping the TRD speedo/tach can work up or something.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
should get some more pics of some parts i'll be getting today. Hopefully by next week or 2 the entire front should be fixed and looking almost like new. Thats all that really needs to be done before i can put the motor in and get the car driving. I got mostly everything to get the motor in and started and driving. But thats gotta do last.

After i get the car back fixed, i'll just prepare it for painting, put on motor etc and then send it back to paint.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
awesome! Good luck man!

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just saw another trashed car come out my uncles paint shop, looked like the car was never screwed lol.

I think you guys will like the final outcome of it.

·
regretfully supraless
1,331 Posts
I'll be doing a lot of the same thing when I get mine. I think it will be worth it. Good luck with yours!

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
got all my interior panels etc, i even got a complete steering wheel with airbag, column all the way down to the rod that connects to the steering rack! Not using original seats as im getting brand new racing seats for an awesome price wholesale.

·
Banned
455 Posts
LOL looks like mine when I got it :)
With the $ spent so far I could've had a better Supra BUT with the sweat and skin left behind I know I'll never sell it now.

1 - 20 of 240 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.