Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last few days, a rhythmic vibration in my car has popped up, on you pass 60mph or so. It doesn't matter the road surface, gear, RPM, anything. If you were to count to Five, the car would shake in pulses 1-3, then be calm 4 and 5.
DUH DUH DUH ___ ___ DUH DUH DUH ___ ___ DUH DUH DUH ___ ___.... you get the point. it doesn't speed up as speed increases, the tach doesn't shake, I'm totally confused as what it could be.

I'm half thinking mis-fire, but I'm not quite sure how that'd work out.

Idears?

· Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Common failure just sight along the shaft all 3 Uni's should be in line front to rear.
Put it up in the air last night after work, and ... yep, all three u-joints are inline.

I've also been getting A LOT of shaking when I first set off in gear. I replaced the transmission crossmember bushing last night as well (the old one was torn), and that fixed about 25% of the shaking, but its still pretty bad and does make quite a bit of a racket.

I did notice as the car was on the lift that the diff mounting to the rear subframe on one side was cracked on one side, which i could see causing a racket, but would it cause THAT much? Also, a worn out carrier bearing wouldn't cause such extreme movement would it?

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
I'm thinking of getting that aluminum one piece drive shaft, any good?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.