Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a decent drivability tune, starts up pretty good, idles pretty good too.

but the problem is my a/f ratio on my aem wideband gauge starts to richen up way too much after start.

at first when it fires up it reads about 14.7 ish which is good, but then with each second that goes by, it starts getting richer and drops all the way down to 11.0 ish during idle after a while.

any ideas where to adjust/tune?

thx

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is the UEGO gauge resetting/turning off when you start the engine? If it is, when the gauge first powers up, it will read 14.7 and slowly move to the proper reading as the sensor heats back up. To avoid this, the UEGO gauge should be wired to a power source that does not drop out during cranking, such as the ECU's relay power. Then, you can key-on, wait for the sensor to warm up fully, and then start the car and monitor post-start AFR properly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it must be resetting after turning off.. because it goes to 14.7, 14.8 right when i start it, it holds and starts counting down toward the real A/F ratio, which is around 11.0

that's okay with me if it resets, but i just want to tune the idle so it's not so rich..

·
Registered
405 Posts
On start-up, your ecu will be in a cold start map, which is always rich for about 2 mins and then should rise back to normal. How are your AFR's after 5 minutes of idling or during regular driving conditions?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Might sound dumb, but are you on e85? Stoic on a sensor reading for gasoline is 12.8 at idle with e85.

Just sounds like the cells in the fuel table are too much when there is lots of vacuum and lower rpms. Adjusting it isnt too much of an issue. I would also plug into the AEM itself to see what AFR your ECU is actually seeing. You might have to readjust the sensor in the AEM setup wizard, or ensure that O2 feedback is on. I know when I have O2 feedback turned off, my AFR's go super rich like that.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so far I'm trying to tune for 91 octane pump gas.. I haven't tried e85 tune yet but I have the flex fuel sensor wired in and hooked up already.

I also have the wideband wired in to the o2 #2 right now and the calibration on the wizard from aem wideband gauge is off, so I adjusted the calibration graph to match the gauge.

I'm just learning how to tune and messing with the aem v2 now. I've tried selecting the entire map and leaning it out 50% or more and it leans it out but not too much and it makes the drivability really bad (leans out and almost stalls- as soon as I give it gas)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Dont pull 50% fuel out. You want everything below 0 psi on your graph. Use +/- on your keyboard to make slight adjustments. You need to be able to read the graph properly to pull out fuel where it needs to be pulled out. If' you're looking at idle, it would be 900 rpm and lower, -9 psi and lower.

What you need to do is run the setup wizard for O2 #2 under the wizards tab. From there you make slight adjusts to it under the sensors tab. Then turn O2 feedback on. If you're adjust the sensor a whole lot, you may need to consider choosing a different ground for wideband setup. I actually ran mine into the engine bay and bolted it to the intake manifold so that it wasnt on the sensor ground chain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts