·
ORLANDO FL DRAMA TOWN
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys explanation of the video

1 race 2005 gsr1000=supra 20 psi pump gas
2 race 2004 gsr1000=supra 20 psi pump gas
2 race some ninja fully built+75 nitrous=supra 28 psi race gas

Notice on the 2nd race that the supra goes in to fifth gear really slow because of bad transmision,thats when the gsr pulls a little..

enjoy

link here:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/A01CEC78-99F0-480D-9A53-B4B34AE31485.htm

From don king

·
ORLANDO FL DRAMA TOWN
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
guys i never say second part i said second race ,wich is the one with the 2004 bike

·
ORLANDO FL DRAMA TOWN
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wunmagikalpinoy said:
nice vid. i wonder what would of happen if the supra didnt miss 4th.
yeah the guys was impress now he has a turbo busa very sick ..

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I dont mean to be critical, but why all the excuses in the post? Pump gas, bad tranny, etc.. It is run what you brung. If you are not 100% why race? Liter bikes trap 140mph plus with a good rider. Please dont tell me you trap anywhere near that on pump gas.. A ZX12 with spray would trap over 150mph and please dont tell me you thought you had a chance at 28 psi.. I am not saying you are not fast, but my FRC on the spray makes a lot more power than your car and I am a lot lighter than your car and I have raced a lot of liter bikes to know what it takes to beat or keep up with them in a sprint..

·
ORLANDO FL DRAMA TOWN
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DaTruth said:
I dont mean to be critical, but why all the excuses in the post? Pump gas, bad tranny, etc.. It is run what you brung. If you are not 100% why race? Liter bikes trap 140mph plus with a good rider. Please dont tell me you trap anywhere near that on pump gas.. A ZX12 with spray would trap over 150mph and please dont tell me you thought you had a chance at 28 psi.. I am not saying you are not fast, but my FRC on the spray makes a lot more power than your car and I am a lot lighter than your car and I have raced a lot of liter bikes to know what it takes to beat or keep up with them in a sprint..
The reason i said about the transmission ,is because if he would it put fifth gear fast like it suppose to ,the bike would not pull like it did ..

remember it was on the street not at the track ,learn physics there is something called power by ratio......

And tell me when do u see an excuse ,all u see is explanation of the race..

Hve u race a big hp supra yet and beat it from a 3rd gear roll ?

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
DaTruth said:
I want to add something to the subject in hand, I agree withe everything said except the part of 28psi. I know that "Ricky's" Supra will easily on 33-35psi will trap near or even 150 traps. No doubt about that. By that being said, let me give you an example of "Power by weight ratio"

--I could easily beat a bike that will trap 150 with my car only trapping 145. Most of us that have a LOT of experience racing vs bikes know this. Bikes have a big advantange in the "accelerating" action while if evenly match with a car in a higher speed will be a TOTALLY different ballgame.

PS: I believe Ricky's car went 134 traps on 100% full 93 octane without any extras, he could easily run a 140 trap bike and give the bike some hell. Especially the 5th gear of Supras that is nasty. Just an opinion....

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
RYANT said:
The reason i said about the transmission ,is because if he would it put fifth gear fast like it suppose to ,the bike would not pull like it did ..

remember it was on the street not at the track ,learn physics there is something called power by ratio......

And tell me when do u see an excuse ,all u see is explanation of the race..

Hve u race a big hp supra yet and beat it from a 3rd gear roll ?
I am sorry. I see excuses. It's run what you brung.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Jesus said:
I want to add something to the subject in hand, I agree withe everything said except the part of 28psi. I know that "Ricky's" Supra will easily on 33-35psi will trap near or even 150 traps. No doubt about that. By that being said, let me give you an example of "Power by weight ratio"

--I could easily beat a bike that will trap 150 with my car only trapping 145. Most of us that have a LOT of experience racing vs bikes know this. Bikes have a big advantange in the "accelerating" action while if evenly match with a car in a higher speed will be a TOTALLY different ballgame.

PS: I believe Ricky's car went 134 traps on 100% full 93 octane without any extras, he could easily run a 140 trap bike and give the bike some hell. Especially the 5th gear of Supras that is nasty. Just an opinion....
I hear you, but bikes dont slow down once they hit 150mph.. The video really does not show a race and from the initial hit a bike that traps 140mph plus would easily walk away and the Supra would not start catching for quite some time. A ZX12 on the spray with a good rider would be even harder to catch. The video does not show anything that went from like a 60 to 180mph.. Also, one thing I have learned from reading the SF. 90% lie about how much boost they are running and if they are on pump gas or not. I have been to too many dyno's where guys post #'s on the board and cant produce the same #'s at the dyno. It also appears the boost gauge is well hidden from viewing. I am not saying this is the case, but I dont believe anyones #'s unless I am there during the dyno or pumping the gas. I take everyone's #'s with a grain of salt.

·
ORLANDO FL DRAMA TOWN
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
DaTruth said:
I hear you, but bikes dont slow down once they hit 150mph.. The video really does not show a race and from the initial hit a bike that traps 140mph plus would easily walk away and the Supra would not start catching for quite some time. A ZX12 on the spray with a good rider would be even harder to catch. The video does not show anything that went from like a 60 to 180mph.. Also, one thing I have learned from reading the SF. 90% lie about how much boost they are running and if they are on pump gas or not. I have been to too many dyno's where guys post #'s on the board and cant produce the same #'s at the dyno. It also appears the boost gauge is well hidden from viewing. I am not saying this is the case, but I dont believe anyones #'s unless I am there during the dyno or pumping the gas. I take everyone's #'s with a grain of salt.
Well the rider of the gsr1000 bike could not believe it either just like u ,and after the race rick gave him a ride on the supra ,and they check tail pipe of the exhaust and even smell it to see if we had race gas .....And as u saw ,we didn't beat the bike ,we were always a little behind ,on that race we went on 5th gear up to 7500rpms,so u do the match what mph we were doing of course more than 165 mph..And is true race what u brung we brung pump gas and that's how we race,the race was agree that it was for fun ,and to see with what bikes we could have fun with on pump gas .........

And for the zx12 the rider is one of the kings here on bikes streetraces,but with his new turbo busa nobody has touch him yet ...

·
ORLANDO FL DRAMA TOWN
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DaTruth said:
u havent answer my question ,have u race any big hp supra and beat it ?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
RYANT said:
u havent answer my question ,have u race any big hp supra and beat it ?
I missed that question. I thought this post was about Ricky's Video. I have NEVER raced a HIGH horsepower Supra in my FRC and lost.

·
Premium Member
6,637 Posts
DaTruth said:

actually i think i traps close to 140 on pump gas.. on shitty tires to..
very sick car. i wanna see the race with the built bike on spray...

1 - 20 of 259 Posts