Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah so I got my old dead stock shocks out of there and installed some new KYB AGX shocks. I believe its set on stiff for now, but the ride is much better and the handling great. The only thing is--my rear end sits about an inch lower than my front (which is how it was before) most likely due to my subwoofer and amps and spare sitting in the trunk. It looks kind of funny too, with the rear end squatting albeit not too much and the front raised a bit. I'm on stock springs as well. If I were to get a set of eibach's for the front, lowering it about an inch, and leave the rear springs stock, maintaining an equal stance all around, would that f-up the handling or anything else in the car? Has anyone done that? Or is that a big no-no?
Thanks.

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
You car shouldnt sit that much lower due to just a sound system back there. Something else seems to be wrong. And if im not mistaken they sell the eibachs in sets so there would be no point in not putting the rears on. Does your car have a lot of mileage on it? Thats odd that it sits much lower...

Alex

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car has 127K miles on it. When I first got it, everything was normal. Slowly started adding a sub, box, 2 amps in the trunk and left the spare too. Ride height dropped in the rear a little bit. Got 18" rims, but the height ratio and everything stayed the same. Got new shocks and alignment which actually raised both front and back very slightly, though proportionately.
I had it checked out with a mechanic friend of mine, and everything else, control arms, etc seem to be perfectly fine. So if I were to just drop firmer (& lower) springs in the front, what would happen?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Eibachs are sold in a set of 4 springs. There would have to be allot of weight in the rear to cause it to sit low. How much does the system weigh?

Lawrence

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lets see.. not an extraordinary amount... its 1 12" kicker comp vr and sealed box, and 2amps. i did a "guestimate" just now and it looks like there's about a 1/2"-3/4" gap remaining between the top of the tire and the fender for the rear. there's about a 1" to 1.25" gap between the tire and fender in the front.
I'm thinking some springs installed up front will correct this visual blemish, but i would only do that if i know handling is not going to be negatively affected.
Anybody know? Thanks.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
you sure you didn't accidentally put the fronts in the back?...

I run stock in the front, and eibachs in the back... my car was sitting too low in the front with a bomex bumper on it... it looks normal :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea i made sure the right shocks went in the right spots. What shocks are you riding on, with your stock up front and eibach in back? how does it feel?

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
kyb agx.... it feels great compared to the air ride suspension that was in there before....

(fucking air bags :()

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice, those are the shocks I got as well. What setting do you have it on, and how do you go about adjusting it, if I could ask that as well?
Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts