Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a law in Germany saying that the lowest point on the car has to be so many inches off the ground? I just got my supra inspected on base and they are telling me it is to low.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They told me the lowest point has to be above 4.5 inches. I think the pipe connected to my muffler is what they are measuring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Licenseplate in the Front 200mm to the ground
Licenseplate in the Back 300mm to the ground
Midpipe (normaly lowest point) 60-80mm to the ground

@Baal, talk to my friend Scott at the HobbyShop, maybe he can help you
and looking at your pictures, should be ok, looks decent to me

c ya

Eric

·
Registered
24 Posts
no, its not a german law. Its a base regulation. It took me almost two months to get mine registered in Germany because mine was 6cm off the ground all the way around. I had to change my lowering springs to some higher ones and that still didn't do it. the best way to make sure you pass inspection to get coilovers so you can lift it prior to inspection and then drop it afterwards.
I did something a little more different--email me if you interested in getting your car to pass with a cheap dangerous modification--but you'll have to take it right off after you pass.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info, I actually took Eric's advice and had the car raised to pass inspection then I lowered it back again. Luckily I have Tein super street coilovers so it was a snap once I borrowed the right tool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts