Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
PREPOSTERONE
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you guys know, I'm a strong believer in true fiscal conservatives. When joining a facebook page supporting Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal a few months ago, I noticed a lot of people proposing that he runs as vice president with Sara Pailin, or she run as vp for him. Frankly, this sickened me. So, i created a topic on the discussion board called stop pushing for Pailin. I let everyone know that the Republican party would never get anywhere with her on board, and that we need to ditch neo con ideas and find a true conservative candidate. This let out all of the nut jobs. I'm not one to ask SF for help, but after you read the 3 pages of posts you will realize that there is no reasoning with these people. I (Rody Edrees Roshan) tried very hard to try to make some sense of them but it didn't work. So, please verbally assault them as much as possible, while trying to still make good points if possible. Democrats and republicans both hate neo cons....so take care of it. I also realized that a lot of the truly backwards ones aren't at all educated, and you will start to notice supporters of the Patriot act and fans of budget deficits and war. Crush their souls, and help rid America of these nuts.

Here's a link.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=53594254907

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
eh, doesn't matter to me. She would just flop in the primary debates and , once again, be deemed a joke.

She does have an interesting love/hate popularity.

The CPAC poll were interesting.

Mitt Romney
Bobby Jindal
Ron Paul tied with Palin
Newt Gingrich
Mike Huckabee

·
PREPOSTERONE
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
eh, doesn't matter to me. She would just flop in the primary debates and , once again, be deemed a joke.

She does have an intresting love/hate popularity.

The CPAC poll were interesting.

Mitt Romney
Bobby Jindal
Ron Paul tied with Palin
Newt Gingrich
Mike Huckabee
I just don't understand why people like her....for why?!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I don't know, people think being nice and sweet is basis enough. Bush got the "drink a beer with'em vote" and won.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Jindal/Paul ticket would be nearly unstoppable i think

as far as Palin is concerned, I do feel a little sorry for her. The media went mega-ton on her with their ammo and completely destroyed her like nothing Ive ever seen before. Bottom line, however, is that she is not Washington material. She is a great governer in Alaska, has done great there, has a high approval rating there, etc. etc. etc. She governed Alaska well...but Washington is another story. This is a bit out of her league.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Do you think going back to paleo-conservative ideals in 2012 will win the Republican Party the Presidency?

Don't you think a shift to the right would just alienate more people on the political bell curve?

I think the Republican Party needs to figure out ways to stay relevant by gaining votes and popular support; not the other way around.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Jindal/ Romney? eh, could work too.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Paul/Sanford would be a solid ticket I think. Paul alone can get the majority of young voters and take them from the Dems, and tons of 3rd party voters (like myself). Sanford is pleasing enough to the majority Republicans and I think is a good even balance to Paul politically. I just don't know how Jindal would do around the country.

·
MKIV intervention needed
2,973 Posts
I’m sick of fake ass republicans who don’t know we live in a republic not a democracy.
And also people who call themselves conservatives, but will undermine
the Constitution they claim to be conserving if it can make them a buck. /rant

·
Diehard 4G63/AWD User
666 Posts
Do you think going back to paleo-conservative ideals in 2012 will win the Republican Party the Presidency?

Don't you think a shift to the right would just alienate more people on the political bell curve?

I think the Republican Party needs to figure out ways to stay relevant by gaining votes and popular support; not the other way around.
Precisely...and this is a hole that the GOP is digging itself into for 2012. Like Newt Gingrich has said, the GOP has to be a party of new ideas instead of depending on Reagan. There was a very good editorial I think a month ago on Politico called "A Letter To Rush Limbaugh." It addresses very important points that the GOP needs to address if they needed to be successful in 2012. They will be running against an incumbent President this time around. Not an unknown, untested (politically) junior senator.

·
4,109 Posts

This right here.
I have read a number of articles about the direction that some in the GOP want to take, and it seems like these folks really didn't understand why they lost the election. I saw so many references to "repackaging our message" and "shoring up the base" - um, hello, the issue wasn't the packaging of the message, it was the message! And as to shoring up the base - do they not understand what 'base' means? It's like they WANT to alienate more people. "Vote for us because we're not like those other folks". That whole "Real American" thing Palin was spouting was probably the dumbest thing I heard come out of her mouth all campaign - which is saying something. Small-town America is no more or less "American" than big city America

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Precisely...and this is a hole that the GOP is digging itself into for 2012. Like Newt Gingrich has said, the GOP has to be a party of new ideas instead of depending on Reagan. There was a very good editorial I think a month ago on Politico called "A Letter To Rush Limbaugh." It addresses very important points that the GOP needs to address if they needed to be successful in 2012. They will be running against an incumbent President this time around. Not an unknown, untested (politically) junior senator.
I agree whole heartedly Mike, but you have to remember that the whole "First Black President" hype will have died down by then and the way he's playing Robin Hood in the first few months is causing a lot of eyes to be cast upon him.

I still think it's a great re-election ploy though. The majority of the masses are near retarded when it comes to understanding today's political climate so they voted for "change", next time around they'll vote for "that guy who gave us a bunch of money and cut taxes". I also love the way they're taking every chance possible to divide the house and the country and laying 100% of the blame on Bush and the last 8 years when the issues that have got us where we are today have been around since the Clinton era as well. We'll just have to see how this whole economy thing works for him, if it backfires then I predict landslide victory for the republicans even if the campaign as Palin/Quayle.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
jindal is the man!! 2012 here we come!

·
4,109 Posts
I agree whole heartedly Mike, but you have to remember that the whole "First Black President" hype will have died down by then and the way he's playing Robin Hood in the first few months is causing a lot of eyes to be cast upon him.

I still think it's a great re-election ploy though. The majority of the masses are near retarded when it comes to understanding today's political climate so they voted for "change", next time around they'll vote for "that guy who gave us a bunch of money and cut taxes". I also love the way they're taking every chance possible to divide the house and the country and laying 100% of the blame on Bush and the last 8 years when the issues that have got us where we are today have been around since the Clinton era as well. We'll just have to see how this whole economy thing works for him, if it backfires then I predict landslide victory for the republicans even if the campaign as Palin/Quayle.
:lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts