Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing a new set of rims and want to know what offset will work in the back for a 10" rim and also for the front for an 8" rim.

Also, what tire sizes have you guys used with this setup. Any issues with tires rubbing?

TIA,
Rupinder

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
It's really going to depend on what brand of wheel you get. Not all offsets are the same on every wheel.

For example, let's look at the Volk GT-7's I sell for the Supra. We sell them in 18x9 in the front and 18x10 in the rear. +43 offset in the front and +44 offset in the rear. Those are designed to fit perfectly on our cars. I put one on my car just to verify that it fit right too. Then we took a Racing Hart 18x10 w/ +44 offset and it fit differently. It did not have the same fitment as the Volk did.

So it all really depends on what brand you get. If you go to the MKIV section of our site and look in the wheels area, all the offsets for those wheels fit the MKIII. And they fit VERY well. I have 18x9's and 18x10's and mine fit perfect.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

So it all really depends on what brand you get. If you go to the MKIV section of our site and look in the wheels area, all the offsets for those wheels fit the MKIII. And they fit VERY well. I have 18x9's and 18x10's and mine fit perfect.
Thanks for the info Trent. The wheels that I am getting are the Gramlights 57PRO.

Do you think the offsets that you have mention will work with these rims ie. +43 front and +44 rear?

Thanks,
Rupinder

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
I've actually got two sets of those here in stock and the sizes and offsets we carry are:

18x9 +40 offset
18x10 +38 offset

Even each series of wheel is different with Volk. It all depends on the wheel design and how that works with the center cap area for the lugs. Whether the blades of the wheel come out from the edge and go out to meet the center or they come in, etc. There are SOO many variables. I sold one set a few weeks back to someone and they said they fit perfect on the MKIII and they have not reported any issues to me at all.

BTW I sell them for 1529 plus shipping and caps. I can beat any new cost on them. I didn' tknow if you were getting them used or not.

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
Gramlights 57Pro are simply BADASS! The wheels of my dreams!:D

1529$ for the 4 in 18"
Must be a nicer price on 17x9 & 17x10 set :cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've actually got two sets of those here in stock and the sizes and offsets we carry are:

18x9 +40 offset
18x10 +38 offset

I sold one set a few weeks back to someone and they said they fit perfect on the MKIII and they have not reported any issues to me at all.

Do they make the 18x10 in a 45 offset or will the +38 offset work for the back?

Thanks for all your info.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
I've got GT-Cs in 18x8 +42 face 1's up front, and 18x9 +37 Face2's in back. I'm running 255/35 on teh front and 275/35 on the back. No rubbing at all on the stock suspension.

The type of tire will also make it fit differently. A rounded shoulder tire will fit, whereas a square shouldered tire would not.

I wish I could have gotten a 10 wide rahter than a 9. I REALLY wanted that 285/30 in the back...

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts

18x9 +40 offset
18x10 +38 offset

Even each series of wheel is different with Volk. It all depends on the wheel design and how that works with the center cap area for the lugs. Whether the blades of the wheel come out from the edge and go out to meet the center or they come in, etc. There are SOO many variables. I sold one set a few weeks back to someone and they said they fit perfect on the MKIII and they have not reported any issues to me at all.

BTW I sell them for 1529 plus shipping and caps. I can beat any new cost on them. I didn' tknow if you were getting them used or not.
I wanted to know if the pic shown on http://community.webshots.com/photo/53550970/56200534NppoYM and is it really +38 offset? In the pic, I really dont know the offset and I was told by this guy says it's 3.5 inches deep lip....
Also, I talked to Dusty and he said it's 2.5 inch deep lip and im really confused :(.. can you check these rims in person and take a pic for me... I really want a pic shot from inside MVP warehouse or whatever it is... Because I'm serious buyer to get these same offset from the pic and I live about 300 miles from MVP and I would buy it if it is the same offset...

Here are more pics...
http://community.webshots.com/album/53550970PUSquO

Let me know.. thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aljordan said:
I've got GT-Cs in 18x8 +42 face 1's up front, and 18x9 +37 Face2's in back. I'm running 255/35 on teh front and 275/35 on the back. No rubbing at all on the stock suspension.

The type of tire will also make it fit differently. A rounded shoulder tire will fit, whereas a square shouldered tire would not.

I wish I could have gotten a 10 wide rahter than a 9. I REALLY wanted that 285/30 in the back...
Hey Alan,

Thanks for the info.

I guess with Trent's info the 18x10 with the +38 offset should fit.

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
The 18x10 with the +38 offset will definately fit. I have Blitz Technospeed Z1 wheels with an 18X10 +38 offset in the rear and 18x9 +40 offset in the front.

If you go this route I would recomend you use a 255/35/18 tire up front and a 285/35/18 in the back. They fit perfectly and look great. Good luck!!

Khris

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Dusty is correct about the 2.5" lip. I'm not sure about those people or that company or whoever it is that is saying it is 3.5 because it isn't. It's still a very nice and big lip, but not THAT big. The offset is a +38 and as said before I have several customers using them that have told me they fit absolutely perfectly.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Rupinder Ubbi said:
Hey Alan,

Thanks for the info.

I guess with Trent's info the 18x10 with the +38 offset should fit.
Tires make a WORLD of difference on how a wheel looks and if it will fit or not.

I could have went with a 10 out back, but it would have required a rounded baloon looking tire. A 9.5 wide is ideal, but volk doesn't make half sizes in the GT-C line.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
aljordan said:
Tires make a WORLD of difference on how a wheel looks and if it will fit or not.

I could have went with a 10 out back, but it would have required a rounded baloon looking tire. A 9.5 wide is ideal, but volk doesn't make half sizes in the GT-C line.
Could you explain that a little more dude? I have 10's on the back and don't have any ballooning or anything on my tires. Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean.

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
I have 10's in the back also, and I have Bridgestone S-02 tires which have a very square side wall unlike the rolled type of edge some tires have. I don't have any problems with the tire touching/rubbing or anything.

Khris

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Dusty is correct about the 2.5" lip. I'm not sure about those people or that company or whoever it is that is saying it is 3.5 because it isn't. It's still a very nice and big lip, but not THAT big. The offset is a +38 and as said before I have several customers using them that have told me they fit absolutely perfectly.
Trent, could you please take a pic of 18x10 57Pro CLOSE UP? Im very interested... I dont want that model pic on MVP website.. I want a real picture..

Thanks
Eimon

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Could you explain that a little more dude? I have 10's on the back and don't have any ballooning or anything on my tires. Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean.
If you look at the cross section of a tire, you'll notice that its flat on the contact patch, and then it curves (the radius) to meet the sidewall. That radius can make or break the fitment of the wheel on the car.

Some tires, have a shorter radius compared to other tires. S03s are a more square radius. Blizzacks are a VERY sqaure radius. My p7000s that were on my 16s, were a more rounded radius. The more round the radius, the more baloonish the tire looks.

My wheel guy wouldn't order me wheels based solely on wheel specs. He had to know what tires along with the wheels and suspension setup.

I'm sure I'm missing more of the equasion as he didn't go into great depth. This is pretty much what I remember.

Trent.. i'll be calling you shortly...

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
I need to eat some crow on the 57pros guys. I just sent pictures to dragracingsupra and it shows they are right at 3" and maybe a little bigger. They are huge. I didn't realize really how fat the lips are on these bad boys. Maybe he will post up some of the pictures i sent to him :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the info guys.

Now type of tires are you guys running? Any luck with BFG KD?
\how about continentals or khumo?

TIA,

rupinder

1 - 18 of 18 Posts