Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Report: Radio Legend Paul Harvey Dies

Paul Harvey, a radio legend who began his career in 1933 while he was still in high school, has died, ABC News reported Saturday. Harvey was 90.

Harvey began his radio career on KVOO-AM while in high school in his hometown of Tulsa, Okla. He was known for his unique, staccato-style delivery of news combined with commentary, which resonated with tens of millions of Americans for more than five decades.

Among the dozens of professional honors Harvey received, he was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame and, in 1992, received the Paul White Award, the highest honor presented by RTNDA, the Radio-Television News Directors Association. President George W. Bush bestowed the Presidential Medal of Freedom on Harvey in 2005.

Harvey's wife, Angel, who produced his radio programs, died in 2008. Angel Harvey is credited with creating his popular radio feature "The Rest of the Story."

------------------------------------------------------

Man, I listened to this guy every chance I'd get at 5pm to hear "the rest of the story" The guy had a very distinctive voice and just was one of the nicest men alive. He seemed to be respected and loved by LOTS of people and from listening to him for years, I can see why.

RIP Paul Harvey, you will be missed.

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
Rip indeed. At work, I remember going into the aircraft mechs. break room every day for 6+years hearing him from time to time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts