Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a good indication that my head gasket is blown and head is damaged.... rad cap blew off because of the exhaust gas pressure in the cooling system. It's gonna be a while before I have the time or money to fix it as I'm buying a house in the next few weeks. :( In the mean time I have to drive an '88 corrola sr5. :mad:

New house has a garage that no one can kick me out of though. :) 7MGTE + MHG + mandrel bent piping time!!!

I'll be going off to cry now..

BHG's can suck a fat donkey dick. :madf:

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
almost everyones had to go through this, dont worry, its nice having a reliable engine after only one thing...

total job only costs like 300-400 bucks if you do it yourself...

Ang

·
Registered
523 Posts
that is fuckin nuts that you blew the rad cap off!!!

i would think that a hose of all things would be the weak spot.

but dayum, thats impressive.

don't assume the head is damaged, get it checked first. anyway, sounds like you got shit under control.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,398 Posts
SuprAng said:
almost everyones had to go through this, dont worry, its nice having a reliable engine after only one thing...

Ang
agreed....

·
Registered
205 Posts
man dont feel bad i just blew mine to we can cry together

·
Registered
927 Posts
heh my car's garaged for the winter, though no BHG(had 2 on the first supra though!)....but I'm driving an 89 corolla sr5 for the time being
sucks doesnt it? :D

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Blew mine twice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SuprAng said:

Ang
Is that CDN or USD? Money is going to be as tight as a virgin's vagina seeing that i'm 19 and buying a house...

·
Canada, Eh?
2,398 Posts
if you can pull the head with everything attached, you might be able to do it for cheap. US$50 for a new stock HG, US$100 for ARP bolts, do all your own labor...

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
ya ide do a stock hg if you blew the rad cap off chances are you might not be able to get away with just a head machine for a mhg to seat properly... stock hg will be dirt cheap ... fuck arp bolts stock are fine... total should now be under 250 for stock hg...

CDN by the way, thats what it cost me (400) to do mine with new gaskets, hks mhg, machining, valve seals and other misc stuff...

i did mine when i was 18 :p so you have no excuses...

g'luch

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SuprAng said:
i did mine when i was 18 :p so you have no excuses...

g'luch
I'm buying a house that needs a lot of work at the age of 19.... that's my excuse. :p

I did my first rebuild when I was 16.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
zoogle said:
Got a good indication that my head gasket is blown and head is damaged.... rad cap blew off because of the exhaust gas pressure in the cooling system. It's gonna be a while before I have the time or money to fix it as I'm buying a house in the next few weeks. :( In the mean time I have to drive an '88 corrola sr5. :mad:

New house has a garage that no one can kick me out of though. :) 7MGTE + MHG + mandrel bent piping time!!!

I'll be going off to cry now..

BHG's can suck a fat donkey dick. :madf:
Yes, they really do suck, and expensive to repair. I know, I blew 2 this year with my Supra...
And yes, I really did cry!

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
you rebuild an engine at 16 but are worried about a hg??? get to wokr man, no more complainging, you must have enough money, seeing as you bought a whole hosue... whats a few extra hundred :p

Ang

·
Canada, Eh?
2,398 Posts
if you own the house, repairs can wait (unless they affect quality of living)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Enraged said:
if you own the house, repairs can wait (unless they affect quality of living)
they most definitely do affect quality of living which is how I can afford it. :) I need to fix at least half of it up so I can rent that part of it out.

The actual HG repair doesn't bother me, it's the time I have to be without a supra that does (complete tear down and rebuild while I'm gettin' dirty) and I won't have any spare time for quite a while. Giving it to someone else to fix is absolutely out of the question.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts