19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_114105243.html

Riverside Police Cite Street Racers, Impound Cars

Save It
Email this Article E-mail It
Print this Article Print It

(CBS) RIVERSIDE, Calif. Authorities cited more than 50 motorists and impounded 11 vehicles at a parking lot where street racers are known to hang out, police said Monday.

A four-hour crackdown began about 10 p.m. last night at a Target store at 3520 Tyler St., Sgt. Skip Showalter of the Riverside Police Department said.

The officers contained the lot, which had 150 cars in it, and inspected more than 80 vehicles, Showalter said.

More than 50 of the vehicles had "illegal emissions," which prompted officials to issue citations, Showalter said, and 11 vehicles were impounded for having identification numbers that had been tampered with or removed.

Officers cautioned those present about the dangers of illegal street racing, Showalter said.

I know some people who got their ride taken away. We should really be careful where we meetup guys!

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
I'm going to guess what they mean by tampered vins would include jdm engine swaps?

·
Scotch Scotch Scotch
3,483 Posts
idrewfelix said:
I know those assholes. Who knows how many lives they have saved in their career, or how many they saved by getting those jackass Honda kids off the streets.

·
Banned
865 Posts
Im not saying cops are assholes, Im saying there are cops that are assholes.

And im sure you have experienced this one time or another.

·
All Access Motorsports
1,594 Posts
ok, maybe its just me, but who in there right mind would have a 150 car meet and not get permission from the parking lot owners ? had to be hondas, supra owners are smarter then that....

·
Registered
126 Posts
I dont know why people continue to hold meets like this in these public places,its as if saying hey look at us . These types of meets make things hot for everybody no matter what car make it is. Because when you post up at places like this even if your noy doing anything wrong there always that one ahole that calls the po po,or they just so happen to pass by and then your phucked . Just my .02,PEACE

·
i need horsepower
1,365 Posts
sucks that the cops would actually trap everyone in there instead of telling everyone to get outa the lot. I doubt they were doing any illegal street racing in the lot or anything, so i dont see a reason to search pples cars. im glad im in philly now that my swaps nearing completion.

·
Banned
455 Posts
HAHHAHHA, well since I don't believe cops are allowed to conduct their business on private property I'm sure Target called them in for taking up the lot.
I remember the FF3 meet at the Block and since we had permission to be there there was nothing a cop could do to all the "illegal emissions" there :)
They would have to wait for you to pull out onto a city owned street to issue anything.

GET PERMISSION to use a lot for a meet.
that's all I got to say.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts