Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I got my new HKS head gasket. There are small brass or copper rivets holding the layers together. I did not get any instructions with the head gasket and HKS is now closed. Do I remove those rivets? I read that the rivets on the cometic need to be removed?

Also, I am using arp bolts. How much torque should I use. ARP said 75 with moly lube and 100 when using only oil on the threads. What do you recommend.
Thanks
Ted

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Hey was curious about the rivets myself. I know you are supposed to remove any ones that are holding the gasket up off the surface but not 100% sure it that applies to the HKS too or not.

Use the moly lube and torque to 85 ft/lbs

HTH,
Seth

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
You usually keep the rivets on. There are some headgaskets were you have to remove 1 rivet. All you need to do is lay the hg down on the block. If any rivet is on the block surface or half way on the block surface, remove it with a drill.

ARP bolts come with the moly lube. Use it and torque to 75-85 lb ft.

Dennis

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
HK$ figured out where to put the rivets on their $$ head gasket. No need to drill any that I have installed. I always check anyway. It takes less than a minute and saves you from a major headache.

ARP made the bolts so, they probably have a pretty good idea how tight they should be. No issues using their recomendations, even on higher output engines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts