Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the re-post but I figured the RR crew would be more familiar with he RLTC.

I previously ran water injection and have had some really outstanding results. I decided to upgrade to a newer system and run Methanol for additional cooling and added octane for a bump in power.

I just finished installing the new meth/water injection system. Which works really well so far , but I've only tested it with distilled water ( checking for leaks or other problems before adding meth). It hit me though that the RLTC(Race Logic Traction Control) works by cutting the injector pulse so the spark fires in a "dead" cylinder(no fuel), there by decreasing power to gain traction. With the addition of Meth ( being a fuel) coming into the cylinders would this produce a lean condition when the RLTC was cutting the pulse to the fuel injectors? I'm not sure how much or in what ratio to water the Meth would start causing problems like a lean burn or something worse. If need be I can turn off the RLTC when running Meth, but I'm not sure I'd have to. Any thoughts?

· Registered
986 Posts
I am going to check with Alky control and RL on this I have a similar setup.

Sorry for the re-post but I figured the RR crew would be more familiar with he RLTC.

I previously ran water injection and have had some really outstanding results. I decided to upgrade to a newer system and run Methanol for additional cooling and added octane for a bump in power.

I just finished installing the new meth/water injection system. Which works really well so far , but I've only tested it with distilled water ( checking for leaks or other problems before adding meth). It hit me though that the RLTC(Race Logic Traction Control) works by cutting the injector pulse so the spark fires in a "dead" cylinder(no fuel), there by decreasing power to gain traction. With the addition of Meth ( being a fuel) coming into the cylinders would this produce a lean condition when the RLTC was cutting the pulse to the fuel injectors? I'm not sure how much or in what ratio to water the Meth would start causing problems like a lean burn or something worse. If need be I can turn off the RLTC when running Meth, but I'm not sure I'd have to. Any thoughts?

· Supra owner
395 Posts
If it were me I would be seeking confirmation directly from Racelogic.

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got a response from Race Logic. :

Hello Jon

It is usually the case that when the fuel mixture gets below 70-80% of the amount required for a normal stoicemetric burn that a cylinder will not fire.

If your Meth mixture has similar properties to petrol fuel then the same should apply.

So it could well be that you are likely to be fine.

Best regards,
Kevin Bursnall

Technical Director

With Methanol to water ratio being 50/50 I'm pretty confident from the info stated by the manufacture that this mixture with the RLTC will not cause a lean condition or damage to the engine. Hope this helps others. :)

· Banned
821 Posts
Sorry for being off topic but I am in WV and was wondering if you road race the car. I have just about got my car back together and want to get involved with it as a road race car. Not a dedicated one more like 10-15 times a year driving it to the track. If you would rather pm or email feel free.

Thanks,
Anthony

P.S. I know it is not close to summit but I am from the charleston area

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.