Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if it is possible to steal a RMM center piece like fiberglass or carbon fiber with hatchback closed? Because I needed to know before I buy it... I hear alot of APR wings got stolen with trunk/hatchback closed.... And so, I dont want myself to be next...

·
Chillen at the Holidae In
254 Posts
I've heard of that too, but i dont know how they would do it. :(

steve

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ALL-2JZ-PWR said:
I've heard of that too, but i dont know how they would do it. :(

steve
You mean a RMM wing or APR wing ?

G

·
0 Posts
I'm 85% sure you can remove the carbon fiber center section with the trunk closed. But not the end pieces. I believe the center is held in by hex screws at each end which are covered with plates.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
greensoup is correct, you can remove the center piece
with the hatch closed. Tools required to do so is an allen wrench to take out the two side coverings and a 10mm if ic an remember correctly to remove the 2 screws on each end and the center piece would lift right out. I'm also afraid that one day im going to come out from somwhere and my center piece is missing. What they should have done is have a special tool or something. Oh well...

-PHu

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm.. Does the store has the lock screws? If so, I'd buy it...

·
//gwailo-
828 Posts
my friens old mx-6 (sick ass carr) had a full veilside kit on it (when veilside was still pop like 5 or so years ago.) and one day is upper deck center peice was stolen and they left him the screws as sort of a fuck you. :p

it actually looked kinda nice though (different) maybe a rmm wing would look cool without the center peice. (like fins or something ;) )

//gwailo-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts