Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an RMM wing. Can someone tell me, does it fit the foot print of the stock wing exactly?

I'm wondering because if it is bigger than the stock foot print, then if I remove it, I will be left with the marks on the paint. If it is smaller than the stock foot print, than I will see the marks on the paint from the original wing. By foot print, I mean the area that is in direct contact between the hatch and the base of the wing.

Gotta know before I get it painted. If it doesn't match exactly, I probably won't install it.

-M

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
The RMM wing is actually a little longer and covers the complete stock wing footprint and then some. When i took my stock wing off i just cleaned the "footprint" as best as i could to get most of the grime off, then installed the new wing. Very easy task.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
as Curt stated,they are the same,but RMM wings were made like shit and require alot of bodywork thus making the footprint a bit larger,versus RMM knock-off wings as they are made alot better and do not require any bodywork,atleast the ones I came across

and yes, it's true,TRD knock-off wings were built better than RMM,and I'm sure plenty people with genuine RMM carbon fiber center had problems with the center piece cracking at the front and back edges

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info....

I need to think about installing the wing now.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
No Mark, don't do it! Nooooooooo!

Leave the stock wing on there :bigthumb:

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have enkei 19's (aegis, chromed).....

RMM wing

TRD hooodscoop

WW Lip....

think it goes together nicely on a black car....

opinions?

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
forgot to add, D2 RS coilovers, so it's lowered as well.

·
Registered
993 Posts
exvelocity said:
as Curt stated,they are the same,but RMM wings were made like shit and require alot of bodywork thus making the footprint a bit larger,versus RMM knock-off wings as they are made alot better and do not require any bodywork,atleast the ones I came across

and yes, it's true,TRD knock-off wings were built better than RMM,and I'm sure plenty people with genuine RMM carbon fiber center had problems with the center piece cracking at the front and back edges
Yup, cracked... your right

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
I've got the genuine RMM and it went on perfectly. It overlaps the stock footprint a little bit so technically if you were to switch back years later maybe??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts