Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i read in previous posts of allignment for the mkiv supras. wondering what i should have my allignment set at and where i can take the car to, to have it alligned properly...?

i have eibach prokit with KYB adjustable shocks. i am in the southbay area of California.

any input/information would be GREATLY appreciated.. im interested in road racing.

need to get the correct allignment and whee/tires for it! not too many supra guys road racing in my area and was wondering if anyone had any info locally or just out there!

thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
rims

i forgot to mention i have 18" enkei RP01's now. 8.5" front and 9.5" back i think. i'm not sure of the off set...

do you recommend to race on these 18's or just drive these daily and get stock rims and use those with road racing tires???

thanks again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: rims

TTT

i just bought some stock rims (wondering to put drag radials on back or kuhmo V700)?
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
If you're going to road race put the Kumho v700s on all 4 corners. Good luck on the alignment - find a race shop that knows how to do one. I would recommend -1.75 to -2 camber all around, with 0 toe front and rear. Set caster even L to R. 3.5 - 5 on caster is fine.

Jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jkbrauch said:
If you're going to road race put the Kumho v700s on all 4 corners. Good luck on the alignment - find a race shop that knows how to do one. I would recommend -1.75 to -2 camber all around, with 0 toe front and rear. Set caster even L to R. 3.5 - 5 on caster is fine.

Jeff
thanks a lot jeff for the input! would this suspension set up be good for daily drivin as well? i'm concerned because the car is my daily driver :)
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
sleeknsilver said:
hey guys,

i read in previous posts of allignment for the mkiv supras. wondering what i should have my allignment set at and where i can take the car to, to have it alligned properly...?

i have eibach prokit with KYB adjustable shocks. i am in the southbay area of California.

any input/information would be GREATLY appreciated.. im interested in road racing.

need to get the correct allignment and whee/tires for it! not too many supra guys road racing in my area and was wondering if anyone had any info locally or just out there!

thanks!
Jason,
Use Lance's specs.... this way you wont ruin the tread pattern too quickly. I used Lance's specs once while road racing and it felt fine. If you want to go more aggressive then give it more negative camber but that will result in dramatic tire wear.

Let me know if you are ever interested in road racing in Vegas, I can help you out.

take care,
nils
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: road racing allignment?

nils said:


Jason,
Use Lance's specs.... this way you wont ruin the tread pattern too quickly. I used Lance's specs once while road racing and it felt fine. If you want to go more aggressive then give it more negative camber but that will result in dramatic tire wear.

Let me know if you are ever interested in road racing in Vegas, I can help you out.

take care,
nils

nils,

yea i'd love some info about road racing in las vegas! lances' specs seem to be used a lot and i'll try that. does it not matter for different diameter sized rims? 17,18,19's?

thanks and sorry to hear you are selling your supra... :( it's THE best supra i've ever seen and ridden in person! good luck and best wishes with everything! take care


elude, who the hell are you? do i know you? you sound familiar.... :)
i'm not going to take the car to the tracks until i get everything set and worked out. just trying to get prepared because that's what i' love to do one day, road race.
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: road racing allignment?

sleeknsilver said:



nils,

yea i'd love some info about road racing in las vegas! lances' specs seem to be used a lot and i'll try that. does it not matter for different diameter sized rims? 17,18,19's?

thanks and sorry to hear you are selling your supra... :( it's THE best supra i've ever seen and ridden in person! good luck and best wishes with everything! take care


elude, who the hell are you? do i know you? you sound familiar.... :)
i'm not going to take the car to the tracks until i get everything set and worked out. just trying to get prepared because that's what i' love to do one day, road race.
What size tires do you have?

Just email me when you are ready to go road racing.
take care,
nils
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top