Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to Buttonwillow this month. I have been there before with the stock ecu. It is a short course with short straights.

When I went with the stock ecu (it was mid summer and 105+F temp), with the afr pig rich at 10.5:1 and the boost at .8bar, the egt was at 730C in 4th gear (this is the longest straight).

This time I have the aem and this is what I am planning on doing:

1. AFR will be set at 11.5:1
2. Boost will be set at 1.0-1.1 bar
3. Timing will remain at street setting (conservative)
4. I will add race gas

Is there something that I am missing? I will make sure the accel fuel is tuned so that I won't get tip in knock.

I am looking for any advice you guys can give me.

Thanks,
Kaz

·
Registered
226 Posts
Get a fuel System!!!! Then set the boost @ 1.8 bar and let that sucker rip!!! You are only toying with yourself by running 1.1 bar. You will also need a big oil cooler, powersteering cooler, aggressive brake pads, and a wide band.

·
The new #1 Hardtopper
1,570 Posts
You dont need any of that stuff!
Listen to that Honda driving member named DRIVEN. Tear that AEM out put the stock turbos and brake pads back on and go learn to drive!
(for anyone with no sense of humor this was all said sarcastically)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
LOL Brian. That's right until you qualify for the SCCA runoffs, you are not worthy. Yes that is humor from another thread.
Barry H.

·
Old School
314 Posts
:D LOL. Yeah, you gotta really follow the road racing section to really understand how funny this joke is.

brian94ht said:
You dont need any of that stuff!
Listen to that Honda driving member named DRIVEN. Tear that AEM out put the stock turbos and brake pads back on and go learn to drive!
(for anyone with no sense of humor this was all said sarcastically)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I get it now. This is the exact reason why I haven't touched the suspension. I have the HP+ pads and will get the valvoline brake fluid.

I did all the power mods before I got into road racing (which I am started to get addicted :) . From now on, I am trying to get the reliablity of the car higher. I am gonna install the PWR radiator along with the Greddy 16 row cooler with oil temp, water temp, oil pressure.

I know that I need the most "upgrade" :D. I just wanna be able to have fun and learn about my car and to drive the car home.

BTW, I will have the whole day at the track so un limited laps... More laps is good for me but hard on the car... This is why I posted. Any one have any advice that they will like to share?

Kaz

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
when is the event? Are there still open spots?

lmk...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its on 12/23 Tuesday. Its an event that my friends put together. I'll check if there are any open spots if you are really gonna come.

E-mail me as I will need the money this weekend.

[email protected]

Thanks,
Kaz

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
my inlaws are in town that week. let me check with the boss and I'll get back to you.

how much will it cost?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts